Authentic and the best pad Thai Recipe with rice noodles, fried with homemade Pad Thai sauce. Learn How To Make Pad Thai Noodles With This Simple Recipe!
Pad Thai recipe
What is Pad Thai?
Pad Thai is Thai fried noodles with rice noodles, shrimp, chicken, fried tofu, eggs and Pad Thai sauce.
The noodles are topped with crushed peanuts and served with fresh chives, lime wedges and spices such as sugar, fish sauce and chili powder.
Pad Thai noodles are cooked in a wok over high heat with a sweet, savory, sour and spicy Pad Thai sauce.
It is a popular street food in Thailand and is sold by many street vendors. It is also available in Thai restaurants.
Pad Thai ingredients
This recipe calls for simple ingredients:
- Pad Thai noodles or flat rice noodles. They are also known as rice sticks.
- fried tofu
- Bean sprouts
- Chicken and shrimp
- chopped peanuts
- Fresh limes
You can easily get the ingredients in regular supermarkets and international grocery aisles.
Otherwise, you can buy them online or go to an Asian store.
Pad Thai sauce
What is Pad Thai Sauce made of?
There are two types of pad thai sauce: tamarind sauce and vinegar sauce.
The sauce is the soul of the dish and you should make it from scratch. The sweet, savory, flavorful and sour sauce is added to the pasta for the iconic taste.
Authentic Pad Thai Sauce requires the following ingredients:
- Tamarind juice or tamarind concentrate.
- Palm sugar.
- Chili powder.
- Fish sauce.
Authentic Pad Thai noodles are made with tamarind.
Tamarind is made by extracting the juice from tamarind pulps, which are delivered in a block in a clear plastic package (see picture above).
You can also buy tamarind concentrate, which can be diluted with water.
However, you can also make the sauce without tamarind by replacing tamarind with vinegar, which I use for my recipe here.
There are many bottled sauces on the market, but they don’t taste great and are not authentic because they are loaded with chemicals, preservatives, and MSG.
The origin of Pad Thai
The court was born with much fanfare during a competition presided over by Prime Minister Plaek Phibunsongkhram in the 1940s, when Thai nationalism was on the rise.
The goal of the competition was to identify a Thai noodle dish and the dish was born. (Most of the noodle dishes in Thailand, Thailand, are of Chinese origin, for example: Pad See Ew.)
How do Pad Thai?
There are many types of Pad Thai rice sticks or flat rice noodles on the market.
They vary in width so for the best you will want to use Pad Thai rice noodles that are roughly 1/10 of an inch wide, as pictured above.
To prepare the fried rice noodles, follow the package instructions to cook them in hot water first.
The rice noodles should be soft (but still chewy and not mushy) after cooking. Rinse the cooked pasta with cold running water before cooking.
frequently asked Questions
You can do it with tofu or even beef too.
You can also make it vegan by using a vegetarian seasoning sauce.
Is Pad Thai Healthy?
My homemade Pad Thai recipe is healthy as it is loaded with vegetables.
It’s very easy to make and tastes better than in Thai restaurants or takeaways.
How many calories per serving?
This recipe only contains 357 calories per serving.
Which dishes to serve with this recipe?
Serve this dish as a main course or as a side dish to other Thai dishes. For an authentic Thai meal at home, I recommend the following recipes.
5 secrets to 20 minute dinner
Get Tricks for Quick, Easy Meals!
4 ounces pre-packaged flat rice noodles
2 tablespoons of oil
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
4 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 ounces fried firm tofu, sliced
1 large egg
4-6 ounces of bean sprouts
1 ounce Chinese chives or green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths
2 tablespoons of crushed peanuts
Pad Thai Sauce:
- Follow the package directions to cook the dry rice noodles. The rice noodles should be soft (but still chewy and not mushy) after cooking. Rinse the cooked pasta with cold running water.
- Mix all the ingredients in the pad thai sauce in a small bowl until everything is well mixed and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Heat a pan over high heat and add the oil. Once the oil is heated, add the garlic to the pan and stir until you smell the aroma of the garlic. Add the prawns and tofu pieces to the pan and keep stirring. Once the prawns change color, add the noodles to the pan and stir continuously for about 30 seconds. Use the spatula to slide the pasta to one side of the pan and crack the egg on the empty side of the pan. Break the egg yolk with the spatula and mix with the egg white, let it cook for about 30 seconds. Combine the egg and noodles and add the seasoned sauce. Stir to combine well with the pasta.
- Next, add the bean sprouts and chives and keep stirring. As soon as the bean sprouts are cooked, stir in the crushed peanut. Turn off the heat and serve the pad thai immediately with the lime wedges.
Amount per serving
Calories 357Total fat 24gSaturated fat 13gcholesterol 225 mgsodium 1651 mgcarbohydrates 64 gFiber 4gsugar 12gprotein 24g
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source