Berea College in the US is now offering its fully funded international bachelor’s scholarship for the 20220/20221 academic session.
Berea College is a private liberal arts college in Berea, Kentucky. Founded in 1855, Berea College stands out among the post-secondary institutions teaching students for free and becoming the first college in the southern United States to be co-educational and racially integrated. Berea College does not charge any tuition fees. Each admitted student receives a four-year scholarship.
The college offers bachelor’s degrees in 32 majors. There is a full participation work study program that requires students to work at least 10 hours per week on campus and in one of over 130 departments in service professions.
Eligible countries: Available to international students
Study in the USA
Eligibility: Berea College recommends applications from students who:
- You do not have a 4-year university degree yet.
- Have no relatives or am married.
- Meet the university entrance requirements in your own country.
- Able to show outstanding results in secondary education and / or final examination;
- You can present IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, or ACT scores.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written;
- You want to live and learn in an environment that emphasizes the equality and kinship of all people regardless of race, class, age, religion, sexual orientation or nationality.
- Although international enrollment is limited to around 25 new students each fall, Berea College still tries to cater to students from as many different regions of the world as possible.
- Successful candidates for admission have excellent academic record and a keen sense for educational purposes.
- Berea College does not teach English to those who have not yet mastered the language.
- International students must have sufficient command of English to understand and participate in lectures and classroom discussions, read required texts and other materials, and complete written and other assignments. However, all enrolled international students are assessed as to whether they would benefit from an English as a Second Language (ESL) course in the first semester. For some students, an additional ESL course may also be required in the second semester. The nursing program has higher requirements for English language skills (TOEFL iBT 83, with 26 in the spoken area).
- In the case of admission to Berea with less knowledge of English, students are only admitted to the main subject once the required grades have been achieved. Students are given the opportunity to retest. However, students who fail to meet the TOEFL iBT requirement by the first day of their third semester of enrollment at Berea will not be eligible to major in Nursing.
- In the case of admission to Berea with less knowledge of English, students are only admitted to the main subject once the required grades have been achieved
Number of awards: 25
Value of the award:
- There is no enrollment fee for Berea College.
- International students admitted to Berea College are funded for four academic years. We ask each international student to pay a one-time US $ 50 enrollment fee and US $ 2,200 security deposit upon admission prior to coming to Berea to cover medical, dental, emergency or other unexpected expenses. Students can apply for an exemption from deposit payment if family finances are insufficient. The remaining amount of the deposit will be refunded after completing your studies. Having the deposit with Berea is essential.
- Funding provided by Berea College includes the cost of education (the equivalent of tuition fees) for up to four years. The costs for accommodation and meals are also covered in full for the first year
Duration of the award: 4 years
How to apply for the scholarship
Interested applicants must ensure that the completed application package is received by the Admissions Office at Berea College no later than November 30, 2020, 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- It is important that you go through all application requirements on the award website (see link below) before applying.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source