Over the next few weeks I will be running a series of five “Back to School” webinars covering topics addressed to early career teachers, mentors, and anyone who just feels like a refresher on the classroom to be able to use the basics. And this year of all times, who couldn’t do anything with a refresher? Each of the webinars focuses on a specific area of instruction and is an ideal CPD.
Each webinar takes place at 4pm and registration is FREE for those who need it, while those who feel able to pay can help cover the running costs.
You can register below and watch the recording for free for the following two weeks. However, if you attend the webinar live, you can ask questions and chew difficulties. And if you want more, you can register unlimited monthly access to all of my previously recorded webinars or Become a founding member of the Learning Spy Academy.
Here is the schedule:
- Know the school rules and stick to them
- Never let students sit where they want
- Use agreed consequences fairly and consistently
- Never let students work through penalties
- Talk about progress, not behavior
- Learn their names
- Tell them that they are your favorite class
- Know the dates
- Talk to them
- Read their work
- Plan sequences, not lessons
- What will you think Over?
- Marking is planned
- What’s the matter?
- The 1: 4 rule
- Make working hard seem normal
- Treat all children as they can achieve the highest standards.
- Strive for fluency
- Enable ‘hard thinking’
- The more children know, the better they can think.
- Rating versus feedback
- Question, do not describe
- Keep it short
- Focus on specifics
- Feedback for the whole class
Good luck for the coming year!
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source