I know summer is almost over, but don’t worry! With this tropian, hearty rice dish You are sure that this summer mood will last a while! 😉 It’s also great for lunch or as a bento box!
We serve this tropical rice dish very often in summer as it goes wonderfully with grilled or grilled meat. But it’s also a great dish on its own with a side salad if you don’t feel like lighting the grill!
Tropical hearty rice recipe
The sweet notes in this rice dish provide a delicious, refreshing contrast to the charred, punchy flavors of any cookout you may still have in these hot temperatures!
I came up with a tropical savory rice recipe to inspire a Brazilian rice dish that is usually served at Christmas (since Christmas falls in the southern hemisphere during summer).
I’ve mastered the dish a bit, with a juicy summer pineapple for the tropical vibe, but you could do what the Brazilians do and use canned peas instead.
Alternatively, you can use mango or roasted sweet corn instead of the pineapple. It’s a pretty flexible dish, and like I said, you can customize it to suit your tastes or what you already have in your fridge or pantry!
If you are a vegetarian, you can leave out the ham entirely. It will still taste delicious and totally tropical 😉
This tropical rice dish goes perfectly with BBQ chicken, fish, sausages or meat. It’s also super quick and easy to do, and will look so pretty on any dining table!
Tropical hearty rice
Author: Bird party
Tropical Savory Rice Recipe – quick, easy and delicious rice recipe that is perfect as a side dish for grilled dishes and grilled meat!
- 1 cup of rinsed rice (basmati or long grain best)
- 2 cloves of garlic (frozen or crushed)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 cup of frozen or sliced peppers
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 cup of diced ham
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the oil and garlic in a saucepan and gently fry until light brown.
- Add the bell peppers, followed by the rice, and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the stock cube, then 2 cups of water, stir and bring to a gentle simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes have elapsed, there should still be some water in the pan. Cover the pan with a lid and remove it completely from the heat. Let it sit covered for about 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and place in a large bowl.
- Add your other ingredients, mix them gently, and season to taste.
- Serve warm or cold.
Did you make this recipe
label @ BirdsParty on Instagram and hashtag it #BirdsParty
Hope you enjoy this recipe and feel inspired to try it out! If you do, tag me on social media #BirdsParty So I can see and share your creativity! 😍
This post Tropical Savory Rice Recipe first appeared on Bird party blog
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source