(Last updated on: August 24, 2020)
WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems available today. In fact, more than a quarter of all websites are based on WordPress. If you want to start your small business website with WordPress, you need to find a web host that is designed to host WordPress. This is a great way to ensure that you have the setup and support you need to get your website to the top.
Do you have any questions about WordPress hosting? We have answers. Here are the top ten questions small businesses have when considering starting a WordPress site and researching WordPress hosting.
1. What is WordPress hosting?
WordPress hosting is a type of web hosting in which the server is specially optimized and configured for WordPress sites. With WordPress hosting, you can do WordPress installations with one click and automatically update your WordPress software.
Can you use — any Hosting for your WordPress site? Technically, the answer is yes. But just because you can doesn’t mean you should. A web host usually only needs the minimum requirements: PHP version 5.2.4 or higher and MySQL 5.0.15 or higher. Most web hosts can meet this standard, but there are a few things that you should be careful about.
A WordPress web host is specially configured for the CMS (Content Management System) you are using, which means you will have a much smoother and streamlined experience. Plus, it’s easy to do updates and installs with a WordPress host. If you run a business, running a website as a small business may not be your top priority. So it helps to find the right tools to make this part of the job easier.
2. Why should I choose WordPress hosting?
What makes WordPress hosting so much better than regular hosting for your WordPress site? Let’s take a look:
- Optimized performance: The servers are configured for WordPress to make them work more efficiently. This means that you will have a better overall experience as it will optimize your website’s performance.
- Room for growth: If you have a busy site (or hope to have one soon), you need WordPress hosting. If you’re running a popular WordPress site on a different host and you find that your performance is slowing down, switching to WordPress hosting will improve the speed and quality of your site. WordPress hosting is a great way to keep your website up to date.
- Increased security: With regular hosting, you will receive regular security logs. With WordPress hosting, the servers come with certain WordPress security configurations so you can be sure that your website is safe.
- Expert support: We all need a little help from time to time. WordPress hosts have a team of experts by their side. They manage servers and provide customer support. This is important when something goes wrong and you need a specialist to help you get your website back up and running.
3. What is the difference between managed and shared WordPress hosting?
WordPress hosting isn’t one size fits all. Companies are unique and have different requirements for their website.
Shared hosting means that your website shares a server with other websites. You still get all the benefits of a configured WordPress server that is optimized for your CMS, but you have to share the server space. This is ideal for new websites with low to medium traffic. It’s an affordable option that gives you the performance benefits with little effort.
Managed hosting Here you get premium benefits. Better hardware, faster speeds, increased security, server-side caching, staging sites, more site upgrades, and improved overall performance are just a few. However, managed WordPress hosting comes at a premium price too. It is usually designed for high traffic websites – but it saves a lot of time.
4. How do I install plugins in WordPress?
A plugin is a software component that is similar to an app. It offers you additional features and functions that you normally would not have without. WordPress lets you install many different plugins to help you with specific tasks, such as: For example, adding a contact form or a photo gallery to your website. Note that not all WordPress hosts allow all plugins.
How to install a WordPress plugin:
- Go to the WordPress admin area and click on Plugins and then on Add New.
- In the search bar, enter the name of the plugin if you know it, or enter specific keywords for functionality.
- Check the search results to find the plugin you want.
- Click the Install button next to the plugin.
- After the installation by WordPress you have to click on Activate to activate the plugin.
Would you like more details? Here is a great step-by-step article that details exactly how to install a WordPress plugin.
5. Can I migrate my WordPress site from another host?
If you already have a WordPress site with another hosting company and want to switch your web host to a host specific to WordPress, you can do so. The protocol for migration differs from host to host. So check with your existing host and the host you plan to migrate to.
With HostPapa, for example, you can move your existing WordPress site to HostPapa’s WordPress hosting platform yourself – or HostPapa can move it for you for FREE. Once you’ve purchased your WordPress shared hosting from HostPapa, you’ll need to open a support ticket in your HostPapa dashboard and connect to the PapaSquad. They do all the heavy lifting and moving your website at no additional cost to you.
7. How can I speed up my WordPress site?
Slow websites are bad all round. Not only do they frustrate users, but they are also not appreciated by Google. A slow website can cause web visitors to leave your website. Besides, they also affect your website’s SEO.
Why may your WordPress site be slow? Your server may not be optimized for WordPress. That is why you need WordPress hosting. Your pages may not be cached, or your images may not be web-optimized. Plugins and external scripts can also affect your speed.
If you want to speed up your WordPress site, there are several options:
8. How can I fix a WordPress bug?
If you’re having problems with your WordPress site, you probably aren’t the only one. WordPress is used by so many individuals and companies around the world. Most likely, your mistake has already occurred with others. This usually means that a simple solution already exists.
We have compiled the most common errors and their solutions for you here. Take a look at the following helpful articles to see if you can resolve your problem:
9. How can I protect my WordPress website from hackers?
Whether you run a personal blog or a company website, security is of the essence. You don’t want someone else to take control of your website, steal sensitive information, or engage in malicious activity.
Make sure your WordPress web host automatically protects your website from hacks, malware, spam, data loss and downtime. You also need to ensure that all logins are secure and that they are protected against brute force and denial-of-service attacks. Here are our tips for protecting your WordPress site.
10. How can I secure my WordPress site?
Automatic backup is key as you don’t have to worry about losing your valuable website information. You can rest assured that website files, MySQL databases, and email are safe. It is important that you back up your data on a daily basis. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to backup and restore your WordPress site.
Here’s how to choose the perfect WordPress hosting provider
Remember that not all web hosts are created equal. If you are using the most popular CMS in the world, it is important to use a web host that is specially configured for WordPress. This way you get the best performance, support and features to keep your website running smoothly. This allows you to focus on the other important parts of your business.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source