The pandemic has changed many things around the world, from our habits, work patterns, trips, travel plans, our lifestyle, the way we greet each other, and much more. However, wearing masks has become crucial – in order not to spread and get the virus.
Wearing masks has now become a necessity that has become a part of our outfit. Do you want to get off? Wear a mask. Do you just want to throw the trash? Wear a mask. Do you want to shop? Wear a mask. Just wanna get some fresh air Sure, but wear the mask. 😷
Not only have several existing brands started creating BEAUTIFUL mask designs, but ONLY brands have sprung up to create masks! Although surgical masks or the N95 are the SAFE masks on the market, cloth masks are now gaining momentum as they are environmentally friendly, comfortable, breathable, pliable and aesthetic. 🥰 I decided to write this list when I got a lot of questions about where I got my masks from.
Before jumping into my list on some of my cloth masks, I just want to clear the air on the BIGGEST FAQs I’ve received. “ARE YOU SURE?”. 🤷 To answer that, I did some research.
- According to the WHO, every fabric mask MUST have 3 layers. The outer layer of the mask should be made of a waterproof fabric. The inner layer should be water absorbent and the middle layer should act as a filter.
- A three-layer surgical mask is far better than a single-layer cloth mask when it comes to reducing droplet emissions caused by speaking, coughing, and sneezing, followed by a two-layer cloth face covering.
- If a cloth mask is two-ply, make sure it includes a bag for a filter. Increasing the number of layers (at least three layers) is always beneficial. 👍
- It’s not always easy, but try to choose a fabric with a high thread count (so a tighter fabric, such as a good quality sheet, is generally better than a fabric with a looser weave through which you can clearly see light ).
- Hybrid fabrics like cotton-silk, cotton-chiffon, or cotton-flannel may be good choices because they offer better filtration and are more comfortable to wear.
- Make your mask safe Fits and seals good about your face. 😷
- Since fabric masks are no longer disposable after 1 use, wash your mask daily after use
- After all, it all boils down to you. Wear the mask you are comfortable with but make sure you wear something that will keep you and the people around you safe!
If the above screenshot is not enough, you can check out the detailed video Here. 👈
Here’s a quick screen shot of how you can make your own mask (or rate the masks you’ve bought. It’s always good to be aware of this rather than apologize). 🧶 Here it is source from underneath.
Without further ado, let’s start with the list! Oh, and please note:
- The cost of the mentioned masks should change depending on supply, demand, adjustments, fabric personalization, etc. Please DM them in advance if you want to buy a mask, and ask them your questions directly if you have any (especially How many layers does the mask contain?
- CLICK on Instagram Profile, EVERY BRAND HAS A TON OF DESIGNS! I only present 2 pictures.
- You can either visit the DM brand or their website directly to buy. The website can be found in her Instagram bio.
- The following are not in order of precedence! 🙅
1. Art By Design [Starting from AED75]
3 layered masks.
2. Fly masks [Starting from AED30]
2 layer masks with filter pockets.
3. The Custom Shop [Starting from AED100]
Masks are customizable (you can choose a design and monogram it too). 👩🎨
4th Vavci [Starting from AED50 for designs]
3 layered masks. Masks are customizable (you can choose a design and monogram it too).
5. Aina [Starting from AED40]
Usually 2 layers but can be made into 3 layers upon request. Masks are customizable (you can choose a design and monogram it too). 10% of all sales go to charity. 💖
6th Kimalda studio [Starting from AED150]
3 layered masks.
7th Eco living [Starting from AED150]
3 layered masks.
8th. Design your closet [Starting from AED23]
2 layered face masks with ear holes made of Superflex fabric. Masks can also be customized to add your name in English / Arabic or a verse.
9. I love masks [Starting from AED15]
2 layered cloth masks.
Always wear your mask, wash your hands, be careful and stay safe! ♡
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source