It’s this time of year when we’re looking for less time in the kitchen and easier recipes for cooking. This amazing crockpot recipe is not just easy, it’s really delicious too!
This recipe was one that I threw together many years ago, and when I took it to Potluck dinners or family reunions, everyone always wanted the recipe. I always felt bad because it was so easy to do, but I never said I would share it on paper … So here it is!
SLOW-COOKER SALSA CHICKEN!
- 2 lbs. (32 oz.) Chicken Breast, Boneless and Skinless
- 1 cup Salsa, homemade or bought
- 1 cup of canned diced tomatoes
- 2 TBSP. Taco spice
- 1 cup onions, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup of carrots, chopped
- 3 TBSP. sour cream
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- Put the chicken in a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the taco spice over the meat and place the vegetables and salsa on top.
- Pour half a cup of water over the mixture, set it low and boil for 6-8 hours. The meat is cooked when it is chopped or when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 ° F.
- When you’re done, break the chicken open with two forks and stir in the sour cream. Top with grated cheese.
- Serve with tortillas, rice, or even over tortilla chips for that extra crunch!
- You can also use this to make Mexican stuffed peppers
Makes eight 1 cup servings
Layered slow cooker salsa chicken
Another great way to use this recipe is a layering method. After chopping the chicken, I take fresh tortilla made from soft flour and break it into quarters. I use an 8 × 8 glass baking dish.
Cook as above, but don’t use the cheese. You will use it between layers. For additional moisture, additional salsa is needed to spread between the layers.
- Spray the bottom of the bowl with cooking spray and add a single layer of shredded tortilla pieces. Add a layer of 2 tablespoons of salsa to cover the torn tortillas. Put a layer of the chicken mixture on top, about a 1/4 cup of the chopped cheddar cheese.
- Put in a new layer of torn tortillas and start over. Remember to add and distribute the salsa before adding meat. You should get about 3 layers, depending on how thick you make it and how big the baking dish is!
- The top layer consists of tortilla with salsa and grated cheese.
- Bake 350 for about 20 minutes. In summer I cover mine with parchment paper and cook in the microwave for about 6 minutes, keep my kitchen cooler, and since the meat is already cooked, you just want to heat and melt the cheese!
I love this recipe, it is so flexible and you can add different types of vegetables to make it just the way your family will love it!
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check itsOriginal Source