Sometimes, as a homeschooling mom, words slip out of your mouth that make you think, “Wow, I never imagined that.” Shawna shares 14 of these moments. Does one look familiar to you?
IIf there’s one thing I’ve learned this year, it’s: never say never. One by one, all of our plans and norms for school went out the window and were slowly being replaced with a learning environment that largely relies on YouTube and library pickups.
The truth is it will take time to recover. It will take some intent to get us all back on track.
But not today.
No, today we’re in the middle of our summer break, and I’m glad I can leave it as it is for a few weeks.
Because I’m so amazed at how quickly my standards and goals can change, I’ve also thought a lot about all the things that I never thought I’d say as a mom in school, but said clearly (and probably continuing).
To have some fun and enjoy this summer vacation at school together, I thought I’d share my running list with you.
Here are in no particular order …
14 things I would never have imagined I would say as a homeschool mom
1. No, you are not allowed to do more Dorodangos This evening.
2. Is it weird that he’s not interested in showering?
3. Okay, you don’t have to shower, but you have to brush your teeth.
4. Okay, you don’t have to brush your teeth, but you do have to put on deodorant.
5. I’m not sure we are allowed to have a Burmese python in this county.
6. I’ll pay you $ 20 for just that tiny drop of medicine.
7. Just him reversed nine letters and number 7 today!
8. He broke a pencil when he was in school, but didn’t break anything else today!
9. No, you must not eat watermelon while hanging upside down.
10. Sure, watching this YouTube video counts as science for the day.
11. No, you must not make your brother the subject of your research project on itchy materials.
12. This video game about World War II is actually quite educational.
13. Maybe I should teach at home.
14. Somehow I think I could figure this out thing to learn.
Good or bad, these are some of the things I would never have imagined. A good friend of mine once gave me great advice on how to raise my boys, and most importantly, home-schooling. She said her secret to staying healthy is just that – laugh or die.
I decide to laugh.
Are you in the same strange place this summer? If so, what would you add?
You might like it too
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source