REEL Foundation organizes first edition of the Young Writers Challenge!
Imagination and creativity are crucial for children’s learning and development. A child’s ability to transform these skills into a story is phenomenal and should be encouraged and developed.
In the words of Albert Einstein: “Imagination is more important than knowledge, knowledge is limited. Imagination surrounds the world “
With this in mind, we are pleased to announce the first edition of the REEL Young Writers Challenge. A story writing competition for children to stimulate imagination and creativity and reward hard work and excellence.
This challenge offers young children a great opportunity to demonstrate their creativity by writing a story and gain recognition for their skills.
Taking into account the learning gaps created by the COVID-19 pandemic, this challenge also offers children an opportunity to engage imaginatively and excitedly outside of the physical school environment.
- Give children the opportunity to creatively capture their imagination and ingenuity to encourage learning outside of the classroom
- Create an equal platform for children regardless of background to demonstrate their creativity / skills and be rewarded for it
- Raise awareness of COVID-19 pandemics, especially for children, in a fun and creative way
- Promotion of children’s digital skills through the use of digital tools for the challenge
Challenge: “Write a story about how COVID-19 affected your life or those around you and what you learned from the experience of staying at home.”
- Age group: 7-13 years old
- Application opens on July 20 and ends on August 20. 2020
- Use the Challenge to write a short story with 500 to 1000 words
- The stories must be written in English and as an unpublished original work
- Your entry must include the full name of the writer, home address, date of birth, school, name of parents / guardians, and phone numbers.
- Submissions can be submitted in one of the following ways: E-mail or via WhatsApp to 07025503338
- The top 10 entries are selected and recognized.
- The 1st prize receives a cash prize of 50,000 N and a tablet with pre-installed learning resources
- The 2nd prize receives an N 30,000 cash prize and a tablet with preinstalled learning resources
- The 3rd prize receives an N15,000 cash prize and a tablet with pre-installed learning resources
- The remaining 7 will also receive special prizes
- In addition to prizes, all top 10 posts receive a one-time career counseling session to explore careers that require strong writing skills
- A small press conference will take place in September 2020, at which the winners will be announced and awarded.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source