Last week I bought a large pile of iceberg lettuce leaves for my burger. After making burgers, I still had a few lettuce leaves in my hand. When I was thinking about what to do with a lot of salad, I looked for Indian recipes for vegetarian salad. I came across this salad-dal recipe and fried kerala-style salad. Although I was a little hesitant, I don’t want to waste the sheets. So I decided to try this salad-dal recipe for the first time. To my surprise it came out very well. It tasted more like cabbage dal, infact better than that. I couldn’t find any raw smell at all. I was very happy with the result. Even Raksha and Sendhil liked it very much. Friends, don’t worry if you have more lettuce leaves in your hand. You can prepare this delicious and delicious, healthy iceberg lettuce dal recipe Indian style. I am sure you will love it.
Indian-style Dal recipe with iceberg lettuce leaves.
Kitchen: North Indian
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
|1 cup = 240 ml
- Toor dal – 1/4 cup
- Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
- Iceberg lettuce leaves – 1 bunch (2 cups tightly packed)
- Large onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil – a few drops
- Salt – as needed
- Water – 2 cups
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander seed powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnish
HOW TO MAKE LETTUCE DAL RECIPE
- Wash the lettuce leaves and chop them roughly.
- Take Toor Dal, lettuce leaves, onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic paste in a pressure cooker.
- Add the necessary water, oil, salt, turmeric powder and hinge.
- Pressure cooker with a low flame for 2 pipes. Mash it well.
- Temper cumin in ghee. Lower the flame and add red chili powder, Dhania powder, Garam Masala powder and add to the Dal.
- Mix well and cook for a few minutes until thick. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy with normal rice, papad and some curry!
METHOD – STEP BY STEP IMAGES
- Wash the lettuce leaves. Roughly chop it. Wash and chop the onion, tomato. Put aside.
- In a pressure cooker, take Toor Dal, Moong Dal, chopped lettuce leaves, onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic paste together with 2 cups of water, a few drops of oil, turmeric powder and hinge.
- Pressure cooker with a low flame for 2 pipes. Open the cooker after the steam has been released. Mash it well.
- Heat the ghee in a kadai. Lower the flame completely. Splutter the cumin. Add red chili powder, Dhania powder and Garam Masala powder.
- Add to dal. Mix well and let it cook for a few minutes. Add a little more water if necessary and cook until the desired consistency is achieved. Turn off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Mix with normal rice and enjoy !!
- Adjust the amount of chili powder, Dhania powder and Garam Masala powder to your taste.
- You can skip Garam Masala powder for variations.
- You can also add a teaspoon of chopped kasoori methi for more flavor.
Friends, try this Indian-style salad dal recipe and share your feedback with me!
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source