RSUST admission and requirements Our Rivers State University article lists the history, location, programs / courses, departments, admission requirements, crop marks, and then school fees. ♣RSUST admission requirements ♣
Rivers State University, RSU, is a state university funded and controlled by the government of Rivers State. It is located in Diobu in Port Harcourt.
Rivers State University was founded in 1980 to be an institution for excellent technology and to produce educated graduates and researchers in science and technology.
The university, popularly known as RSU or RSUST, is a state university in Rivers with its administrative campus in Diobu, a city in the state capital, Port Harcourt. It operates a single campus.
The university offers courses for students and postgraduates.
|motto||Excellence & creativity|
|Established||1972 as a university college
1980 than today’s university
|Vice Chancellor||Opuenebo B. Owei, Acting Vice-Chancellor of the University.|
|place||Diobu, Rivers State, Nigeria|
Where is RSU located?
The Rivers State University is located in Diobu in Port Harcourt. Port Harcourt is a large trading city in Nigeria known for its oil and gas wealth. This has prompted the institution to focus more on scientific progress.
The university is very close to the renowned University of Port Harcourt, as both are in the same city.
How the university started
Rivers State University, formerly known as Rivers State University of Science and Technology, was founded in 1972 as the College of Science and Technology. The university received an independent university in 1980 and was renamed Rivers State University of Science and Technology by the College of Science and Technology. The university name was changed again to become a conventional university and is currently known as Rivers State University, RSU.
Programs / courses offered by RSU
Rivers State University has accredited and recognized courses from the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria.
Would you like to find out the list of courses that you can study at the RSU? Below is a list of the high quality courses offered at Rivers State University. We have compiled the list of faculties, courses, and departments that are available throughout the Rivers State University (RSU).
Faculty of Humanities
- Department of English and Literature
- Department of History and International Relations
- Department of Theater Art
- Department of Philosophy
- Institute for Religious Studies
Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Civil
- Road construction
- Structural analysis
- Department of Marine Technology
- Department of Petroleum Technology
- Mechanical engineering department
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Chemical Engineering / Petrochemistry
- Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Engineering
Faculty of Science
- Institute of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Animal and Environmental Biology
- Department of Microbiology
- Institute of Plant Sciences and Biotechnology
- Department of Medical Laboratory Science
- Department of Geology
Faculty of Law
- Department of Business Law
- Department of International Law
- Department of Public Law
- Department of Private and Property Law
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Department for office and information management
- Marketing Department
- Department of Management
- Department of Banking and Finance
- Accounting department
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Department of land surveying
- Estate Administration Department
- Department of quantity measurement
- Faculty of Architecture
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
Faculty of Agriculture
- Ministry of Forestry and Environment
- Department of Agriculture and Applied Economics
- Department of Agricultural Enlargement and Rural Development
- Department of Animal Sciences
- Department of Crop / Soil Science
- Ministry of Fisheries and Aquatic Environment
- Department of Food Science and Technology
- Ministry of Forestry and Environment
- Department of Home Science and Management
Faculty of Education
- Department of Adult Education
- Department of Vocational and Technical Education
- Department of Education Management
- Ministry of Education Foundation
- Department of Business Education
- Department of Science Education
University of Social Sciences
- Department of Mass Communication
- Institute for Political Science
- Department of Psychology
- Geographic institute
- Faculty of Economics
Admission requirements for Rivers State University
The university has general requirements for the admission office of the institution for the admission of potential applicants at various levels. However, there are special admission requirements based on the faculty or department of the preferred course. We have compiled useful details on the general admission requirements for the university.
RSU admission requirements for students
100 level entry:
- Applicants must have at least five (5) SSC O’LEVEL / NECO / NABTEB credit cards or equivalents in no more than two (2) sessions in subjects relevant to the study proposal. The 5 credits must be in math, English and 3 related subjects.
- In addition, candidates must register for and reach the required cut-off time (usually) 180/200) in UTME and prepare for a screening process that will later be organized by the school.
200 levels (direct entry):
- Prospective students must have a national diploma that should come from a recognized institution in Nigeria.
- Applicants must hold a Nigerian Education Certificate (NCE) and the subjects related to the study proposal must have at least one or two (2) advanced passports.
- Applicants must also register for direct entry.
RSU JAMB / UTME Cut Off Mark
Cut-off grade is an agreed score that is determined by a particular institution as the basis for admission of students to the study department. This score is usually accredited for candidates based on their performance in a particular exam.
The general minimum score set by Rivers State University for admission to one of their degree programs is 180and can sometimes be checked by the institution, but each of the different departments has its UTME cut-off points for student admissions.
See also RSUST Post UTME admission form
Nonetheless, any candidate seeking admission to the university with a higher score than the general and departmental limit has a greater chance of being considered for admission.
RSU school fees
Here is a summary of school fees for all students at Rivers State University:
Acceptance fee: .000 35.000 for all new students (as of 2019, subject to change).
Tuition fees (new students): from 80,000 to 100,000 euros for both indigenous and non-indigenous people (the fee varies between departments);
Tuition fees (returning students): 53,000 for indigenous people, 63,000 for non-indigenous people.
Otherwise, follow the procedures below to view your school fees for the session.
- Visit the RSUST portal at http://ecampus.rsu.edu.ng/.
- Scroll down and click “Review fee details.”
- Select your program, faculty, department, level, session, diploma / degree, fee type, category and fee name.
- Click “Show Fee” to see your school fees for the school year.
Accommodation at Rivers State University
The university offers affordable hostel services to students who are eligible, interested and have completed their fees.
Accommodation in the hostel is available for both new and returning RSU students for a fee of thirty thousand naira (N30,000.00) only per student in addition to school fees.
To apply for accommodation at Rivers State University, please
- Log in to the school’s student portal
- Follow the instructions on the portal
- and apply for accommodation in the school home.
Why You Should Choose Rivers State University, RSU
There are many things you should know about this university, and this is the basis for why you should teach at Rivers State University.
Was this article helpful in any way? Do you have any questions about the university? Enter the comment box as it is our job to give you the answers you need.
Send your request to the contacts of the university or visit the RSU online website at https://rsu.edu.ng, follow the instructions on the portal and drop your requests.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source