This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn with qualified purchases.
Learn how to make your own armpit detox recipe to get rid of those smelly forearms, reduce sweating, and help your natural deodorant work better.
I just woke up on a Saturday morning and my husband turns and says my armpits stink.
Why, thank you, my sweet husband, for your honesty.
But let’s be real here, because of course I’ll talk openly about armpit odor since I’ve been dealing with it for a long time.
He was just funny, so I wasn’t offended. I don’t get angry when I know it’s true. 😂 You can find my favorite natural deodorants that work great here, or this One that is great for sensitive skin.
So I knew it was officially time to make an armpit detox mask.
Well, if you’re already starting to make your own homemade products like this Charcoal face mask, homemade toothpaste, and Bath saltsThen you probably have all the ingredients you need.
This recipe works amazingly well to detox armpits, help you smell better, and can even help reduce sweating.
Why should you detoxify your armpits?
Regular deodorants contain some really nasty ingredients like aluminum, fragrances (which is actually a broad term for thousands of chemicals), phthalates, and parabens (which have been linked to breast cancer), all of which are known to be hormone disruptors.
We use deodorant on very sensitive tissue and hormone receptors. Philip Harvey, Ph.D., has stated that many chemicals in the deodorant are stored in the fat cells of your armpit (source).
Aluminum (an antiperspirant found in many deodorants) affects many people.
Although there is no “direct” link to breast cancer, there are studies showing that breast cancer in the upper quadrant of the breast, right next to where aluminum products and armpit deodorant would be used, is increasing (source).
Using a detox armpit mask like the one I’m showing you today is essentially speeding up the natural process of detoxifying some of these nasty chemicals that can help make natural deodorants work.
As someone who has only been using natural deodorants for nine years, I still find that natural deodorants achieve inconsistent results. Sometimes it works great, and then there are times when I sweat more and notice an increased smell to my dismay. This detox mask helps.
The following are affiliate links. We are participating in the Amazon Services LLC affiliate program and other affiliate programs that we can earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and related websites.
Watch how to do it:
Detoxing your armpits can help:
- Decreased armpit smell. This seriously helped my armpits smell a lot better.
- Decreased sweat
- Better results with natural deodorants
- Reduced irritation due to natural deodorants that contain baking soda
Tips for making an armpit detox mask:
- If you are new to natural deodorant, there are many homemade recipes you can try. The ultimate deodorant for sensitive skin, Free baking powder Version and the original natural deodorant.
- You can skip the apple cider vinegar if you want.
- This is pretty messy, so I would recommend doing it before taking a shower. And don’t wear white.
- Use a non-metallic spoon or even popsicles to mix, as this recipe contains bentonite clay that should not come in contact with metal.
Tools you may need:
Armpit detox mask Ingredients:
Bentonite clay – This ingredient helps remove toxins from the skin and aids detoxification.
Activated carbon – It is known to help remove blemishes from the skin. It also works so amazingly to get rid of smells. If you don’t have this on hand, you can skip it, but it really helps make it more powerful.
Apple Cider Vinegar – ACV can help balance your skin’s pH and get rid of bacteria in your armpits.
water – I use filtered water from my Berkey water filter. Water is used to develop a good consistency for spreading.
How To Do Armpit Detox Mask
- Mix clay and activated carbon in a bowl. Make sure you use a non-metallic bowl.
- Add water until it becomes a paste.
Detoxifying armpits – how to:
- Start with freshly cleaned armpits.
- Apply a generous amount of the mask to your armpits with your fingers. I recommend wearing dark clothes as the activated carbon can stain.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off and enjoy your smelly armpits.
Find more of my favorite natural products:
Have you tried this recipe and loved it? I would love if you came back and gave it 5 stars. Please and thank you!
DIY armpit detox
Learn how to make an armpit detox mask so your forearms smell better, sweat less, and natural deodorants work more effectively.
To press pen rating
Servings: 1 mask
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source