Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) location, history, study programs / courses, admissions, cut-off grades, fees and structures at the university. ⇒ATBU location and admission requirements⇐
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, also known as ATBU, is one of the top universities in Northern Nigeria. The university is known for many features, only a few of which mention quality learning and ingenuity. In this article we describe the university, courses, admission requirements and everything you should know about this institution.
An overview of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University
This is a federal government college that was founded in 1980. The university is located in the city of Bauchi in the state of Bauchi. The college got its name after the country’s first prime minister, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa.
|Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU)|
Muhammad A. AbdulAzeez.
|Location||Bauchi, state of Bauchi,
The ATBU is a school known for standard learning. There are currently more than 30 academic departments, 6 faculties and 8 directorates. These are supplemented by a student population of more than 10,000 people.
How the university started
The history of the university can be traced back to when it was established in 1980 as the Federal University of Technology, Bauchi. The academic programs for pre-study began in October 1981, while the School of Science and Science Education courses started the following year.
The facility was merged with the Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria on October 1, 1984. The difference to Zaria University was in the name because it was a college of the university called Abubakar Tafawa Balewa College of Ahmadu Bello University on the Bauchi campus. The college regained its independent status in 1988 after a general split of such foundations. The name change to Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi followed.
Programs at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University
The university, which comprises six schools, offers numerous academic programs: the School of Engineering, Science, Environmental Technology, Agriculture, Management Technology and the School of Technology Education. It also offers postgraduate programs in master and doctoral degrees.
Departments / courses in ATBU
Faculty of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology
- Department of Animal Production
- Department of Plant Production
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Enlargement
Faculty of engineering and engineering
- Ministry of Agriculture and Bio-Resource Engineering
- Faculty of Vehicle Technology
- Faculty of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computers and Communication
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering / Electronics
- Faculty of mechanical engineering / production technology
- Faculty of Mechatronics and System Technology
- Department of Petroleum Technology
Faculty of environmental technology
- Faculty of Architecture
- Department of Construction
- Department of Environmental Management Technology
- Estate Administration and Assessment Department
- Department of industrial design
- Department of Surveying and Geoinformatics
- Department of Quantity Collection
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Department of banking and finance technology
- Department of Management and Information Technology
- Department of General Studies
- Accounting Department
- Department of business management
- Department of Technopreneurship
Faculty of Technology Education
- Ministry of Education Foundation
- Department of Science Education
- Department of Vocational and Technology Education
Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Mathematical Sciences
- Institute for Life Sciences
- Institute of Chemistry
- Department of Geology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Ecology
Admission requirements for ATBU and Cut Off Mark
The cut-off mark is one of the admission requirements for admission to a university in Nigeria. This grade is usually awarded through the results of the JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination. In order to qualify for admission to Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, your UTME score should be at least 180 before you qualify for further post-UTME screenings.
School fees at this university are affordable and are preferred among other universities in the country. For new students, the acceptance fee is N5,000 and the total fee after including all partial fees is N42,000.00. University accommodation fees are N7,500 for men and N5,090 for women.
Abubakar Tafawa University is a preferred university in Nigeria. The school is equipped with trained staff in all academic and non-academic areas. There are also standard school facilities, including standard classrooms, an equipped library and laboratories, walk-in streets, security, and a quiet learning environment.
Moreso, the school has many alumni who are a good product of the university. The current Minister of Communication Ibrahim Pantami is an alumni of the ATBU.
There are also many other factors that are of interest for studying at Abubakar Tafawa University in Bauchi.
RECOMMENDED:: List of schools whose post-UTME forms are not available. and past question and answer also JAMB cut off marks.
Share this information with your friends. You can also ask questions about this page. Don’t forget to like us Facebook site
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source