Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook, recently streamed an exciting live update: new and improved Facebook shops launched via Facebook, Instagram and soon Messenger and WhatsApp.
“Wait, didn’t we already have business on Facebook and Instagram?” I hear you say! 🙂
Yes, it is true, Facebook Page Shops and Instagram Profile Shops have already been used by many brands and SMEs.
However, NEW is that companies will be able to single online shop that offers one uniform presence for customers to have one completely seamless experience via Facebook + Instagram + Stories + Ads (+ soon Messenger + WhatsApp).
(I believe WhatsApp purchases in developing countries will be particularly large at launch. And I’m sure that Facebook’s timing for this new shop product has something to do with the company’s recent $ 5.7 billion investment for a 9.99% stake in India’s Reliance Jio Platforms. We will see!)
Real-time shopping while streaming live on Facebook or Instagram
I am also personally the most happy about it Shop LIVE So your viewers can shop Real time as you stream live on Facebook or Instagram!
Live shopping functions: People have been using live videos in our apps to present products for years, from shoe stores that announce new sneakers to beauty influencers trying on different lipsticks. Now we make it easier for you to buy products in real time. Sellers, brands and developers will soon be able to tag products from their Facebook shop or catalog before they go live. These products appear at the end of the video so users can easily tap them to learn more and buy. We’re starting to test this with companies on Facebook and Instagram, and we’ll be rolling it out more broadly in the coming months.
This live shopping function was already available in beta test mode in 2017! I talked about it in my Facebook marketing session for Social Media Marketing World 2017 with a real example back then! I’m not sure what Facebook did in order to long to finally bring this great feature to market. Think HSN / QVC meets Facebook Live!
Visit my own Facebook shops To update (embedded below).
I also hosted this video in one Watch the party in my social scoop group on facebook with questions and answers.
The new Facebook shops include both AI and AR:
- AI systems automatically identify and label products in photos so that users can link to the product photos. The AI also personalizes product suggestions for users.
- Augmented Reality allows customers to preview the items in their home or try on makeup, sunglasses, etc. (This feature has been tested by some major brands.)
Facebook works with Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce and several other third-party tools.
- For example, if you already have a Shopify shop, you can import your inventory / collections into Facebook shops.
- BUT I would strongly recommend that you keep your website / Shopify Store landing pages. As much as I love the platform, I never recommend SMEs to put all their eggs in a Facebook basket!
- Ideally you want both / and because the Facebook Shops experience is native, quick and easy and users have already saved their credit card information on the platform. You can also send instant order updates, customer service and package tracking, etc. via Messenger, Instagram Direct or WhatsApp!
What about digital products?
Facebook Shops is aimed at companies that mainly sell physical goods.
However, according to a current one Life Questions and answers with Layla Amjadi, product manager for shopping on Instagram, she explained that Facebook is this “Working on new tools for all types of companies.”
Question: What about those of us who offer digital products such as design services?
A. In shops, we focus on physical products. However, we are working on a number of new tools for all types of companies. Stay tuned.
NOTE: Your Instagram Profile Shop and / or Facebook Page Shop will be automatically converted into a shop. You will receive an email when you are done.
The stores in the U.S. are now launched on Facebook and will come to Instagram sometime this summer. More countries are expected to follow at a later date.
Introducing Facebook shops: helping small businesses sell online
See also Facebook’s official announcement.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source