I am thrilled that I was able to complete my Aurifil Designer of the Month 2018.
My shoulders were tired of wrestling with the blanket when I started the spiral; It is very extensive to move for the first couple of passes. I often took breaks and stretched a lot and overall I am very happy with the look of spiral quilting.
The weather here this week was windy (more than 20 mph constant for 5 consecutive days). While higher winds are nothing new, I’m really getting on my nerves this week. Instead of taking a photo shoot outdoors, my husband kept the blanket ready for me in our living room.
I actually wonder how many of you are looking at the quilt finish or trying to decipher all the little things in the custom bookcase behind the quilt.
I love how a solid quilting background can really bring out quilting. The light purple Timeless Treasures solid worked really well, and all I had to do was remove a quilt line towards the last corner when I was done to adjust and smooth a bend on the back. All in all, the whole stitching was worth it!
If you were wondering where the Quilting Jetgirl “Jetgirl” part comes from, I’ll pause here to point out some of the background features. At the bottom left is a special turbojet engine that my husband (who was nicknamed Jetman when he was a teenager) designed and tested it. We built a compound aircraft together and this is the engine that he developed to power the carbon fiber aircraft. We never finished the project – the Federal Aviation Regulation, for which we designed the airframe, was replaced by another regulation that we couldn’t meet – but it was a fun home project. It was exciting when we first wound up the engine to test it.
The upper shelf of our bookshelf is reserved for the presentation of special items from our engineering career. Most of the books on the bookshelf are technical reference texts, but there are a few funny nonfiction books (mainly in the SciFi genre) and I have a shelf for my quilt books and books that I have technically edited.
I decided to machine sew the binding on both sides of the quilt for a quicker finish. I used a fun geometric rainbow print that I ordered from Bernie at Needle and foot a few years ago.
The quilt was 71 1/2 inches square after quilting and tying (1.4% shrinkage of 72 1/2 inches) and 68 inches square after first washing and drying (6.2% shrinkage of 72 l /2 inches). I will mark this for my 2020 goals, so I only have one more long-term WIP to get through this year!
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source