Here’s a closer look at the Wild Animal Necklaces & Keychains activity from Macy’s Jungle Safari Birthday Party!
I’ve always thought a lot about party activities like this because the materials can add up quickly. 🤑 I wanted the children to do something that they can use later that also serves as a party preference.
(S. Quick reminder that all of mine customizable Jungle Safari prints are available in Design Hero!)
Necklaces + key rings
This activity only started with the creation of necklaces, but I added rings at the last minute (which is why only necklaces appear on the shield!)
Macy likes beadwork and crafts, but never wears the necklaces she makes, so I tried to find a solution. 🤔 She LOVES keychains and accessories that are attached to her backpack. The use of keychain rings was the perfect addition! This makes the activity more suitable for both boys and girls. 🥳
You need the following for this project:
- Small toy animal figures (available online and from Michaels)
- Small round hooks (available at hardware stores – around this size)
- Large unfinished craft beads (mine bought from Joann)
- Large number of smaller pearls – colored wood, natural wood and tribal patterns (bought from Joann)
- Crayons to decorate the wooden beads
- Cord & jewelry cord *
- Keychain rings
* I used what I had on hand for the cord / cord (natural and suede imitation), but you can find tons of it in a variety of colors in all major craft stores and online.
Followers of wild animals
Aside from sorting and displaying your materials, all you have to do is insert the round screws into the animals for this activity. We used a pointed craft tool (very similar to a small ice ax) to drill a small hole in each toy animal, and then screwed the hooks in by hand. Done!
Organizer & bucket
All jewelry organizers shown here are from Ross. They were originally bought by another party that I made the previous year. You can get great deals for organizers, risers, stands, etc. for your parties at discounters like Ross, HomeGoods and Marshalls!
The small white buckets were bought from Michaels in packs of 5.
The editable Party Activity Sign (“Make a Necklace”) is available in Design Hero as part of my full Jungle Safari Party Collection.
If you haven’t read the Jungle Safari Party summary yet, click here to get there now! 😊
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source