Video content has been on the rise for some time. YouTube creators have become celebrities, Instagram has launched videos on its platform, and live streaming is now available on all major social channels. Although the trend towards video content is not new, the internet has found new ways to create and enjoy videos. The rise of the video-based social media platform TikTok can confirm this.
Video content has consistently proven to be entertaining and beneficial for users and marketers. Videos get more attention and engagement from users, videos are more likely to go viral than other types of content, and creating videos is an easy way to educate and educate consumers. As we saw above, the type of video content is constantly changing and improving. For this reason, companies need to be aware of the rising video trends so that they can offer their consumers relevant content. In this blog post, we cover everything you need to know about video marketing and the 11 most important video marketing statistics for 2020.
Advantages of video marketing
Video marketing has grown exponentially over the years. Every minute, over 1 billion 300 million hours of video content is uploaded to YouTube. In addition, one of the most amazing statistics on online video consumption is that almost 5 billion hours of video content is watched every day. 100 million hours of video content are viewed on Facebook every day. 95 million photos and videos are uploaded to Instagram every day.
On PinterestThere were 6x more video views on the platform in 2019 than there were in 2018. TikTok, whose main content type is video, has quickly amassed over 500 million active users per month. This social platform has more users than older websites like LinkedIn, Pinterest and even Twitter. Video content doesn’t go anywhere and is clearly a powerful force for user interaction.
But what are the advantages of video marketing? We’ve put together the three main benefits that video marketing offers to businesses:
- Engagement: It is known that videos have a higher level of engagement on all social channels. This means that your brand experiences more likes, comments, shares and an increase in brand awareness. Videos generate more on Instagram engagement than any other type of content on the platform. Video marketing is a great way to connect with your audience and build relationships with your customers.
- Credibility: Videos increase the credibility of your brand by building trust among your users. If your audience can see your product at work with their own eyes or hear testimonials from previously satisfied customers, this helps them build trust in your brand.
- ROI: As you’ll see below, video marketing is one of our top stats to watch out for in 2020, giving the best ROI of any other content type. Videos can help brands convey their image to their customers and convince users of their product quality. This not only strengthens the credibility of a brand, but also gives users the security they need for the conversion. If you want to get a high return on your investment, video marketing is the answer for you.
The advantages listed above should be enough to show you how powerful video marketing can be. However, if you’re still wondering, “Is online video marketing effective?” Please read the statistics below.
Top 11 video marketing statistics for 2020
The following statistics are divided into three sections: social platforms, a word from other marketers and users. These statistics have been compiled to provide you with important details to keep in mind and that could affect your video distribution strategy. Make data-driven decisions and consider these facts:
On social platforms:
1. LinkedIn users share a video 20 times more often than any other type of post on the platform.
2nd YouTube and Facebook are the most widely used platforms for corporate video marketing
3rd 90% of buyers have discovered a new brand or product on YouTube
A word from other marketers:
4th According to a survey by Wyzowl92% of marketers who use videos say that this is an important part of their marketing strategy
5. 95% of Video marketer plan to increase their advertising spend
6. 51% of marketers worldwide cited video as the type of content with the best ROI
7. 57% of marketers use live video
8th. 87% of marketers said that videos increase website traffic
9. 72% of customers prefer to learn about a product or service via video
10th 66% of U.S. teenagers (ages 13 to 19) watch Video content Every day
11. 84% of users were convinced of buying a product or service after watching a branded video
Building an effective video marketing strategy
With all of these statistics about videos, you may be asking what a video marketing strategy is. And how do I start creating one? Video marketing strategies are created to promote your company’s video content. They help to make your products and services known to your target group. If you want to develop an effective video marketing strategy, there are a few points to consider. First, you need to set a budget. How much of your brand’s budget might you want to use for your video marketing efforts? When you consider how much you can put aside for your video production, you can determine the scope of your campaign.
Another point to consider is what do you want from the campaign? Do you just want to increase brand awareness and promote engagement? Are you looking for users who can subscribe to your newsletter? Would you like customers to buy your new product? By determining your KPIs, you can measure the success rate of your campaign. Finally, by running A / B tests, you can refine your campaigns and maximize your ROI. You can definitely rule out which campaign elements perform better. With these tests, you can run the best possible campaign for your brand.
Top 5 examples of video marketing
Building a video marketing campaign from scratch can be difficult. If you’re not sure where to start, sometimes it’s best to get inspiration from the leading companies in your industry. By remembering what other companies are doing, you can better understand which strategies are currently trending and get an idea of what your team can develop for your brand. These video marketing examples will help get your creative juices flowing:
1. Cheetos cannot touch this shows how you can remind users of important brand elements when launching a new product. This display, which was introduced during the Superbowl, was incredibly understandable for all users who had ever had Cheeto fingers. While cheesy fingers may not appear to most, this ad has highlighted an important brand element with its video with its orange finger dust. The theme continued until the end, revealing that the Cheetos brand launched a new product, the popcorn.
2. Nike´s Dream Crazier Serena Williams’ story shows how storytelling can drive your brand. When this ad campaign was released, it took social media by storm. This video has garnered over 31.6 million Twitter views and 665,000 engagements. It received over 13.8 million views on Facebook! The storytelling of this ad inspired the users. Nike featured athletes like Caster Semenya and Megan Rapinoe, who, despite the difficulties they faced, made their dreams come true. The ad reminded us all with real stories that it looks crazy until you do it.
3. Apple introduces the iPhone 11 shows how you can focus on quality to market your products. After much anticipation, the iPhone 11 launch was released worldwide and has garnered over 34 million views on YouTube. This high quality video showed all the strengths of this product and showed consumers why Apple is the right choice again. Apple wanted to highlight many new functions in this version, including the new dual camera of the iPhone, the waterproof coating and the highest video quality of all smartphones. The focus on quality in this video has led to its popularity.
4. Calvin Klein #MyCalvins CK50 shows how you can use influencers to increase your brand awareness. To celebrate its 50th anniversary, Calvin Klein decided to select certain celebrities to attend their celebration. They chose big names like Justin and Hailey Biber, Kendall Jenner, and Lil Nas X, who helped collect over 3 million videos for viewing on YouTube. These celebrities were featured in a thematic video that was strongly related to the style of the 80s. CK used these influencers to celebrate their anniversary and remind users of their relevance.
5. Amazon before Alexa shows how you can implement several different strategies and create a coherent video. This ingenious video ad used comedy to contrast life before technology and its convenience. It skillfully demonstrated the product’s capabilities and life before owning a smart device. Amazon also used a popular influencer, Ellen DeGeneres, to play on the ad. In just three short months, the ad generated over 61 million views on YouTube and 14,000 likes.
These top 5 video ads are great examples of how to connect with your audience while promoting your products and services.
The central theses
Videos have become a big part of content production and consumption. That is why video marketing is the future of the digital. We hope that the video marketing statistics for 2020 have helped inform you of key points to consider when developing strategies for the coming year. If you need a light refresher, here are the most important tips:
Video content is entertaining, engaging, and easy to consume
- The consumption of video content has increased on all social media platforms
- It’s also the type of content that gets the most engagement
- The three main advantages of video marketing are user engagement, brand credibility and return on investment
- We’ve compiled some of the most informative statistics on video marketing, broken down by social platforms, what other marketers say, and user behavior
- To build an effective video marketing strategy, you need to budget, set your KPIs, and run A / B tests
- Get inspiration from popular video marketing ads from your favorite brands like Cheetos and Nike
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source