Score 370 in JAMB with CBT Practice Software
Diploma in banking and finance, eligibility, curriculum and admission update
Banking & Finance: Would you like to take a diploma course in banking & finance? If so, this post will help you. Here I will do an in-depth analysis of the Diploma in Banking and Finance Management course.
I have given the following details: duration, eligibility criteria, universities, scope, fees, admissions procedures, career prospects, curriculum, and more.
I will discuss the following with you
Diploma in Banking & Finance: About Banking
Banking is one of the sectors where there is never a shortage of jobs, as there is a constant need to recruit people who understand the financial process and the advanced methods of running a bank. This is one of the reasons why attending bank courses after graduation has become a popular trend.
Candidates from various fields, including commerce, business, art and engineering, look for bank courses after graduation to improve their career opportunities. After graduation, there are various bank courses, only a few of which are offered by well-known banks themselves. The other courses are offered by masters at business schools.
If you want to take bank courses after graduation, you can also prepare for bank PO exams. Most government banks recruit students through IBPS PO, while SBI and its associated banks recruit candidates through the SBI PO exam.
Diploma in banking and finance: what is it about?
The Diploma in Banking and Finance is a comprehensive study of banking courses that deals with the rapidly changing financial sector. This course provides a broader overview of the constant changes in finance, the methods to deal with the financial crisis and the basis for bailouts for various banks around the world.
This program aims to improve the applicant’s existing skills by developing their knowledge of finance and banking, while improving the skills required in practice overall.
Types of bank rates
|Name of the course||Type of course||Duration|
|MBA in banking and finance||Masters degree||2 years|
|M.Com in Banking and Finance||Masters degree||2 years|
|M.Voc in banking, stocks and insurance||Masters degree||2 years|
|PGDM in bank management||PG diploma course||2 years|
|PGDM in banking and financial services||PG diploma course||2 years|
|Short-term postgraduate diploma in retail banking (PGDRB)||PG diploma course||
|Short-term postgraduate diploma in banking||PG diploma course||
|Short-term postgraduate diploma in banking||PG diploma course||
|Professional program in commercial banking (PPCB)||Advanced certificate course||2 months|
|Advanced certificate in banking law and credit management||Advanced certificate course||3 months|
Admission criteria for banks
MBA and 2 year PGDM courses:
- To apply for these programs, you must have at least 60% of your final grades and a good academic degree in the past.
- Admission to MBA and PGDM courses is based on management entrance exams such as CAT.
- Candidates who pass the above exams are then asked to do group exercises and face-to-face interviews to assess their personality and test their skills.
Short-term PG diploma courses:
- You must have reached at least 50% of the points in order to take these courses.
- Admission is based on proficiency tests by the respective institute and personal interviews.
- The minimum requirement for these programs is a degree. However, some universities may require a minimum of 50%.
- The selection is based on personal interviews. Only a few institutes also choose students based on entrance tests.
Bank PO exams:
- You can only apply for bank exams if you have completed a minimum of 60%.
- Candidates who have completed both phases (preliminary and main exam) of the PO exam are selected for group discussions and personal interviews.
- The composite score in PO preliminary runs, PO network, GD and PI is taken into account for the selection as a bank PO. However, some banks require candidates to pass the one-year diploma program of the designated institutes before hiring them as executives.
- Candidates who are shortlisted after PI or after completing the course are trained for banking jobs for 3 to 6 months and then receive jobs at various banks.
The admission process can vary from institute to institute. It is known that some institutes carry out a performance-based admission procedure. Some other institutes are known to carry out direct admission procedures.
Tuition fees depend on the following factors: a type of university (government or self-financing), student scholarship status, assessment of the university, etc. Average tuition fees can range from INR 25 to 50,000 per year.
|Banking laws||Commercial bank management||Direct and indirect taxes|
|Financial markets in India||Exchange year||International banking and finance|
|Marketing of financial services||Principles of finance||Economy of global trade and finance|
|Business policy and strategic management||Financial services management||Modern banking theory|
Diploma in Banking & Finance: career opportunities and career prospects
The salary options after an MBA or two-year PGDM course are very good as they are internationally recognized courses. Fresh graduates can expect salary packages between Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 12 lakh per year, depending on the skills of the individual.
Salaries for bank orders are also quite high. A bank PO can expect an initial salary package that deviates from Rs. 3.6 lakh to Rs. 4 lakh per year. Banks like SBI can also offer salaries up to Rs. 5 lakh a year.
The certificate and the short-term diploma courses also offer good offers job Opportunities in combination with well-paid internships. Candidates who complete these courses along with internships can receive packages that vary from Rs. 2.5 lakh to Rs. 3.5 lakh per year.
You can start anywhere now, right? If this was useful for you, make it useful for your friends as well by sharing it on their social media handle.
Join over 500,000 readers online now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! The content of this website may not be republished, reproduced or passed on in whole or in part without prior admission or confirmation. All content is protected by DMCA.
The content of this website is published with good intentions. If you have this content and believe that your copyright has been violated or breached, please contact us at [[email protected]]]to file a complaint and action is taken immediately.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source