Updates to COVID-19 and U.S. Immigration Regulations: Considerations for those who may be stuck abroad or unable to make an appointment Us Immigration

The United States is currently in a national emergency due to the COVID-19 epidemic. While USCIS remains open and accepts all emails at the time of writing, all personal appointments, including interviews, biometrics, and InfoPass appointments, have been canceled until April 7, 2020. USCIS will automatically postpone all dates if possible.

While all dates will be canceled by April 7, 2020, closings can continue beyond that date. Track USCIS closings here.

People with personal USCIS appointments scheduled for March and April 2020 can search for closings on the website before attending the appointment. If the location is not closed but you cannot attend the appointment because you are ill or unable to return to the United States, you can postpone the appointment at USCIS using the instructions in the notice.

Green card holders who are abroad and are currently unable to return to the U.S. due to the COVID-19 epidemic may consider keeping evidence of U.S. relationships for re-entry. As a Green Card holder, an absence of more than 180 days up to a year can lead to the suspicion that you have given up your permanent residence status. This could lead to border issues when you re-enter the United States. Therefore, you can have evidence that you were unable to return to the U.S. due to the COVID 19 epidemic, as well as evidence that you have links with the U.S., for example:

  • Maintaining a Residence in the United States This can be done by owning a home or renting an apartment.
  • Keep bank accounts, credit cards, and investments in the United States to show financial ties.
  • Maintain insurance in the U.S., including home, health, and life insurance.
  • Submit US tax returns.
  • It also helps to have utilities on behalf of the permanent resident, as well as a driver’s license and owning a car.

Be ready to answer questions at the border and explain why you can’t return to the U.S. in time. For information on how to maintain your permanent residence status, visit the USCIS website.

Upon returning to the United States, permanent residents who are expected to be abroad for more than 180 days may apply for re-entry. An application for re-entry can only be made if he is physically in the United States, as applications for re-entry cannot be made abroad.

Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source

Michael Horton on soteriology Theology

Frozen Olaf birthday party! – Live little celebration Party