Latest: J.AMB hands over 180 candidates to the police for law enforcement for misusing the UTME exam
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has handed over approximately 180 candidates to the police for the just-completed tertiary matriculation examination for criminal prosecution for alleged involvement in various forms of test errors. This was announced by the Head of Media and Information at JAMB, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, in an interview on Thursday in Abuja with.
According to him, 70 percent of the candidates have been tried by the police in various courts, while others have been further investigated and will also be brought to justice.
Dr. Benjamin said the candidates were arrested across the country while the exam ended last Saturday.
He said: “There are about 180 candidates. We arrested them across the country. We harmonize the list and follow it up to ensure that all of them are charged.
“Most of them have already been charged. 70 percent of them have already been charged.
“You (the candidates) are with the police. So the police will prosecute them. We have no law enforcement powers. When the police start prosecuting, they will definitely come to us.
“Most of them have even been charged. When the indictment is settled, we will give you a comprehensive report.
“When we get to a point that everyone needs to know, we’ll let you know. However, some of them have already been charged by the police. “
Previously: Candidates involved in UTME exam mistakes lose their results – JAMB
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced that the board is currently reviewing its centers’ footage on closed circuit television nationwide to identify possible cases of exam misconduct during the Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination 2020, and is not hesitating to add other names afterwards by criminals to publish review of CCTV footage.
The board also stated that, as part of its tradition, the results of candidates who were found to have made some form of examination error were withdrawn.
Already in UTME 2020, which ended on Sunday, March 22nd, around 149 candidates were caught due to various test errors.
JAMB published the names and conditions of the 149 candidates in its weekly bulletin, with the states Imo, Anambra and Enugu topping the list of various crimes, including proxy verification, attempted fraud, violent entry, manipulation of examination papers, smuggling of cell phones into the United States Exam halls among others.
Formerly: JAMB publishes names of candidates involved in the UTME Misconduct exam
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has published the names of the candidates who have so far been chosen to take part in exam mistakes.
Since this was the only number of candidates that were reported to JAMB, the board made a statement stating that the audit error in the country is on the decline. The names of these candidates, their status and the misconduct reported against them can be found in the PDF attached to this article.
Download (PDF, 4.27 MB)
Former: Arrest of 149 candidates for UTME exam errors
No fewer than 149 JAMB candidates were arrested for committing various fraud related test failures in the 2020 exam year.
States such as Imo, Anambra and Enugu were found to top the list of 26, 12 and 12 candidates respectively. You have been arrested for crimes; Examination by a proxy, attempted fraud, violent entry, manipulation of examination documents, smuggling of mobile phones into the examination rooms, etc.
Other states on the list included; Abia, Adamawa, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara, Ondo, Oyo and Osun.
However, the audit committee claimed that the breach of UTME rules decreased with the 2020 experience.
It should be noted that UTME 2020 ended in most states on Thursday, March 19. In addition, 10 other states were closed on Saturday, March 21, while Bayelsa, with only four approved CBT centers, completed its examination on Sunday after a series of the centers were delisted for one or the other violation.
Previously: 5 people were convicted of misconduct in the UTME exam – says JAMB
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) stated in its weekly bulletin that five people were convicted who were involved in one form of examination error by the other in the UTME 2019 that was just completed. The Chamber expressed its pride in the judiciary and urged it to continue to ensure that all suspects suspected of having sufficient facts are convicted.
As announced by the Chamber, three of the convicted offenders come from the state of Zamfara and the other two from the state of Kebbi. The conviction of the perpetrators ended empty talks in the fight against examination errors. The Board urged the public to join and strengthen the fight against violations and to create a solid foundation for Nigerian higher education.
The board reaffirmed the arrest of elements attempting to undermine the registration process to interfere with the conduct of the trial, and announced that no fewer than 123 suspects were on trial for various violations before different courts. The board said that he had logged out of 73 CBT centers as a result of these violations.
Earlier: JAMB lists 76 CBT centers involved in UTME test errors and appoints SAN to prosecute suspects
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced that approximately 76 computerized centers have been delisted due to their involvement in various irregularities and misconduct in the recent tertiary matriculation exam, which raises concerns that the results of these centers may be canceled .
The Chancellor of JAMB Prof. Is-haq Oloyede announced this in Abuja on Friday when he spoke at the 23rd annual seminar of the Nigerian Academy of Education about “Admissions to tertiary educational institutions in Nigeria”
Regarding the publication of the UTME results for 2019, Oloyede did not announce a day on which the UTME results for 2019 would be published.
He also said the board had appointed a senior advocate of Nigeria to prosecute approximately 100 people who were allegedly involved in various misconduct during UTME between April 11 and 18. However, he did not mention the name of the SAN that reportedly headed the prosecution for security reasons.
Oloyede said how some of the grievances that her closed circuit TV cameras had found in some CBT centers during exam frauds hid professional writers in toilets and later replaced UTME candidates who claimed to go to the bathroom to relieve themselves .
Oloyede further announced that the result of his investigation into the fraudulent examination between 2009 and 2019 will shock many Nigerians, as there are many high-ranking politicians in Niger who have not taken the UTME exam themselves.
Oloyede said that although the board may not be able to punish the guilty because they have already left the system, he would publish their names to shame them.
Formerly: JAMB examines exam errors for all UTME candidates from 2009 to 2019
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has launched an investigation into the qualifications of applicants from 2009. This means that every single applicant who has taken UTME in the past 10 years will be examined. Persons who have successfully cheated the system and secured their admission and possibly even graduated will be prosecuted and their certificates will be withdrawn.
This was announced by Fabian Benjamin, Head of Media and Information at JAMB, in an interview with Punch on Monday. He said the probe has started and will be completed in a short time because JAMB has purchased software to identify counterfeit biometric data.
Benjamin said: “If you have graduated from university and have not completed a UTME, it means that the foundation is faulty and the building cannot stand. We have already started the probe, but will go even deeper after the tests. ”
“It won’t take too long. We use software, so only the candidate’s biometric data is checked. If someone’s biometric contains about six different names, we will be notified. If a person’s photo contains different names and we have discovered this, we will find out where the person is and then pick them up. ”
In a separate interview about 95.1 Nigeria Info FM Abuja, the JAMB spokesman said:
“We want to do what we call biometric verification 10 years ago. Even if you are now working and have determined that someone has written exams for you, we will publish your name and the law firms will do what is necessary. We have the biometric data from 10 years ago. We will compare the photos with fingerprints and names. We found that a candidate could have passed exams with 30 different names. “
The JAMB spokesman said it has become important to uncover audit fraudsters to deter others. He said the photos of the guilty parties would be made publicly visible, even if they were now workers.
Formerly: JAMB arrests “Ghost Writer” who intended to write UTME for 64 candidates to cancel results in Abia
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) said it had arrested a person who described it as a “notorious fraudster” and who had registered for UTME 64 times with the intention of writing the exam for 64 candidates.
The board revealed that no fewer than 100 guilty parties had been caught by security forces across Nigeria during the recently completed UTME, and that misconduct occurred in virtually all states, including Abuja.
In his Weekly Bulletin, published on Monday by his spokesman, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, published in Abuja, told JAMB that the fraudsters had registered multiple times to impersonate themselves during the exam.
The board said that the arrest of the perpetrators was made possible by the thorough and mandatory identity checks of the candidates, with the aim of fishing out professional ghostwriters before the results were released.
The Board also announced that it had canceled the results of two computer-based test centers, the Heritage and Infinity CBT Center and the Okwyzil Computer Institute Comprehensive School in Ugwunabo, Abia, due to the problems identified as “widespread irregularities” during UTME. All results of the examination meetings held by the Board of Directors in the two centers from April 11 to 18 are null and void.
Regarding the cancellation, the board had to say the following to the innocent candidates concerned: “However, in order not to overly punish honest and hard-working candidates who felt attached to these two centers, the board relocated all candidates who had been admitted or were planned to generously to take their exam in the two centers to other centers, where they then took their exams. “
Former: Children of CBT Center Owner in Lagos Arrested for Abuse of UTME Exam – JAMB
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced that two biological children of an accredited owner of a computer-based test (CBT) center in Lagos have been arrested for allegedly failing an exam.
According to reports, the arrest was made during a surveillance tour of various CBT centers in the state of Lagos on Tuesday by the Chancellor of the Board, Prof. Is’haq Oloyede.
The arrested children are said to have been caught using their cell phones to photograph questions of ongoing UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) in order to put them together and forward them to some learning centers, which in turn asked questions to defraud potential candidates.
Regarding the arrest, the chancellor said: “Unfortunately, they don’t know that we are ahead of them. We have introduced cutting edge technologies that expose fraudulent practices that are designed to undermine the integrity of our audit.
“What they did here was deliberately stopping video surveillance because they thought we couldn’t track what happened here through our central video surveillance in Abuja.”
“One thing these scammers didn’t understand is that we don’t repeat questions that were used four or five years ago, let alone use them for one of the four sessions we provide each day. These questions have been standardized and can therefore never be the same. “
The Chancellor announced that the Center would continue to examine the Chamber on this crime with immediate effect. He said that any candidates who were previously scheduled to take the exam at the center would be transferred to another immediately.
“Nobody will be allowed to re-write the exam here because the center is not primarily conducive to the test,” he added.
Formerly: JAMB Partners cybercrime security agencies to correct misconduct in UTME exams
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has joined forces and agencies to fight cyber crimes and eliminate modern fraudulent practices used by fraudulent candidates participating in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, the JAMB registrar, announced the partnership at a stakeholder meeting in Abuja on Monday, where he said the board had also relocated some key services to its registration portal to prevent commercial banks and Cybercafes extort money from candidates.
Oloyede mentioned several issues the board is dealing with that have been caused by fraudulent computerized test centers, including impersonation, attempts to clone SIM card registration, illegal extension of registration points, etc.
Oloyede said that the way forward is to bring security forces and relevant agencies together in cyber crimes. He said: “We hire technocrats and use their knowledge. We are also moving some key services to the registration portal to prevent candidate blackmail.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source