Corona virus has caused chaos both in India and around the world. This virus spreads at the speed of light. Several people across the country are reported with Corona Positive. Few people are healed. The government is trying best to contain this virus. Fighting this virus seems to be only one option if you stay at home and maintain social distance. The situation is unpredictable as there are no solid medicines and vaccines available to treat this virus. Doctor and scientist work day and night to fight this virus.
Many health insurance companies have developed a new product for coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Here is a list of health insurance products that cover coronavirus (COVID-19). You may plan to take out health insurance for COVID-19 after proper evaluation.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) health insurance policies in India
Go Digit Health Care Plus
The Digit Health Care Plus insurance plan covers the newly discovered Covid 19. This policy covers the cost of treatment in India for COVID-19 this / infection. It is a fixed insurance policy that can be purchased online. The needs-based insurance is available until July 2020. The key features of the Health Care Plus plan are listed below.
- Sum insured from Rs. 25000 to 2 lakh.
- Anyone up to 75 years of age can purchase this policy.
- It is a lump sum insurance policy that pays 50% of the sum insured in the event of quarantine and 100% of the sum insured if the corona test is positive.
- The 50% of the sum insured is paid to manage treatment costs and other quarantine cases.
- The premium of this plan is Rs.250 + GST for Rs.25000 coverage.
- This plan can be purchased as an individual health plan or family plan.
- This plan has a waiting period of 15 days and does not cover an existing illness.
You can only purchase this policy if you are not suffering from respiratory symptoms. This policy is only valid for one year and cannot be renewed the next year.
Also read – Top 5 best health insurance in India 2020
Star Health – Star Novel Coronavirus (nCov) insurance policy
Star Health has launched a new policy called Star Novel Coronavirus (nCov). This product offers Lumsum benefits to hospitalized people who have been diagnosed with Novel Coronavirus (nCov). The main features and benefits of this policy are listed below.
- The total insured option is Rs.2100 or Rs.42000. on an individual basis.
- A person between the ages of 18 and 65 can purchase this policy.
- If Covid 19 is found positive in the state-authorized center, the hospital costs up to the sum insured are paid by the insurer.
- The premium amount is Rs.459 + GST or Rs.918 + GST.
- No pre-acceptance medical screening is required for this policy.
- The waiting period for this plan is 16 days.
ICICI Lombard – COVID-19 protective case
COVID-19 Protection Cover is a new health insurance from ICICI Lombard. This plan provides coverage for coronavirus patients. Details of this health insurance can be found below.
- The sum insured under this plan is Rs. 25000.
- The minimum age for the plan is 18 and the maximum age is 75.
- The premium amount is only Rs. 149.
- This insurance offers additional services such as health care, virtual help and teleconsultation.
- The sum insured is paid as a lump sum if the disease is diagnosed.
- The waiting time for this plan is 14 days.
- This plan does not cover people with travel history abroad until December 2019.
Should You Take Out Corona Virus Health Insurance?
Coronavirus cases are increasing day by day. The situation is unpredictable. You can purchase COVID-19 health insurance under the following conditions.
- If you have not set up a health care emergency fund
- If you are paranoid about COVID-19 and think you are vulnerable to risk.
- If you are in an essential service and cannot maintain social distance because of your profession.
- If you have not taken out health insurance for yourself and your family.
IRDAI has issued a policy to cover health care coverage for COVID-19. However, it is at the discretion of the health insurance company.
Over to you
I want to end this article by sharing some important information and health advice about COVID 19.
Tips for fighting corona virus.
- Lock Down is announced for 21 days in India. Follow the lock carefully.
- Maintain social distance. Stay alone and avoid closeness to people.
- Wash your hand frequently. Make sure the hand wash time is at least 20 seconds.
- Covid-19 stays on the different surfaces. According to the study, this virus remains on metal bodies for up to 9 hours, up to 24 hours on cardboard, 2-3 days on plastic, 72 hours on glass and mobile surfaces. So follow the principle – if you touch it, clean it.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces in the quarantined person’s room (e.g. bed frames, tables, etc.).
- Clean and disinfect the toilet surfaces daily with normal household bleach / phenolic disinfectants.
- Avoid starting from your home. In the event that purchasing everyday items is mandatory, take the following precautions.
- Only an identified person should go out. Make sure you use a full-length identified dress. Do not mix this dress with other clothes.
- Use a single wallet and make sure the currency, coin, and card you use are kept separate and not mixed with others.
- Always use the same shopping bag every time.
- Finish your work at once. Avoid taking a cell phone with you when you go out. If you take a mobile phone with you, clean it with a disinfectant.
- Use your non-dominant hand or elbow to open the door or press the buttons. As soon as you come back: store your dress, wallet, bags and keys in a separate bag. Don’t mix with others. Wash your hands and face thoroughly before touching anything or anyone.
Notice – “Prevention is better than cure.”
In case of health – 1075 or + 91-11-23978046 is the nationwide toll-free number 24 x 7. Alternatively, you can contact the state hotline in your state. For more information, visit MyGov COVID-19 website