Egg muffins are the perfect take-away breakfast for busy morning hours. They are easy to store, warm up well and freezer-friendly! You will love these hearty, high protein breakfast bites!
Simple egg muffins
Are you looking for a simple and healthy breakfast recipe that you can enjoy on hectic weekday mornings? I have the perfect recipe for you Egg muffins!
I love having these mini frittatas on hand! They are small enough for children, but ideal for adults to have a few for breakfast on the go. I like to make them on Sunday so we can enjoy them all week! You get so much good nutrition in every bite and taste fantastic too. The boys think they are EGGcellent!
These are also perfect to meet new parents or anyone who could use a delicious breakfast that has already been prepared for them! Make a double batch so you can share some of them and share others.
Egg muffin ingredients
I love this fresh and colorful list of ingredients. Eggs, vegetables and of course … cheese! I also think it’s great that the ingredients are BASIC! We always have these ingredients on hand.
You need the following ingredients to make muffin-shaped eggs!
- Milk (use your favorite)
- Cocktail tomatoes
- Chopped spinach
- Grated cheese
- Chopped spring onions
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Make them your own
You can change the ingredients in this egg muffin mug recipe to make it your own! All of your favorite breakfast flavors can be incorporated.
- Use kale or arugula instead of spinach.
- I like to use grated white cheddar cheese, but mozzarella, havarti, feta, regular cheddar and goat cheese are all good options.
- Add sausage or bacon!
- Add more vegetables! Mushrooms, peppers and broccoli are super delicious additions.
- I like to serve the egg muffins with avocado, salsa and herbs! You can also add a few drops of hot sauce if you want a little heat!
How to make egg muffins
These egg muffins are a breeze! Mix, pour and bake. Here is the breakdown:
- We start with some preparatory work. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Make sure you Grease the pan well so that the egg muffins don’t stick.
- Put the eggs in a large bowl and stir well. This is a great step for children to help. Just make sure that no egg shells fall into the bowl!
- Stir in milk, then add vegetables and cheese. Gently stir it with a spoon or spatula.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin tin and fill each with some cheese (another good step for kids!).
- Pop them in the oven for 20-25 minutes. You will know that they are ready when the eggs are cooked through and the edges are lightly browned.
- Pull them out and let them cool for about 5 minutes before loosening each muffin with a knife. Now they are ready to serve!
- Garnish with your favorite toppings!
Store and warm up
After cooling completely, you can store the egg muffin cups in a container in the Refrigerator for up to three days . Warm them in the microwave for 30 seconds for a quick and easy breakfast!
You can also Freeze the egg muffins. Place chilled muffins in a freezer or bag to keep them fresh. Freeze for up to three months. Heat frozen egg muffins in the microwave for a minute or two.
More egg recipes
- 12th Big eggs
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 Cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1 Cup chopped spinach
- 3/4 Cup crushed white cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 Cup chopped spring onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper, taste
- To serve: Avocado, salsa, herbs, hot sauce, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Put aside.
Place the eggs in a large bowl and whisk until well mixed. Stir in the milk. Add the tomatoes, spinach, cheese, spring onions and garlic powder. Stir carefully with a spatula. Season with salt and black pepper.
Pour the egg mixture evenly into the greased muffin shells. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of cheese on the egg muffins.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are cooked. Remove from the oven and let cool in a pan for 5 minutes. Use a knife to remove the muffins from the pan. Serve immediately with avocado, salsa, herbs and / or hot sauce if desired.
Amount per serving
Calories 98 Calories from fat 63
% Daily value *
Saturated fat 3g15%
cholesterol 172 mg57%
sodium 112 mg5%
potassium 123 mg4%
Vitamin A. 675IU14%
vitamin C 3 mg4%
calcium 87 mg9%
iron 1 mg6%
* The daily percentages are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source