The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) continues to monitor the development of the corona virus and flexibly adjusts its activities to changing situations. In the affected areas, we are in contact with the fellows, their relatives and employees in order to provide them with the best possible support.
In order to counter the spread of the corona virus, the DAAD has decided to react to the dynamic situation with the adjustments in its advertising business described below. The focus is on protecting beneficiaries, partners and employees.
Please note that the situation is constantly changing and use the constantly updated information from the authorities, especially the Robert Koch Institute, as well as the relevant travel information from the Federal Foreign Office. The authorities are in constant contact and continuously evaluate the current development.
Information for German scholarship holders and applicants
The Federal Foreign Office has one worldwide travel warning today to which we would like to draw our attention.
Commercial return travel options to Germany are becoming increasingly strict
restricted worldwide or are no longer possible today. The warning contains the
Information that “return programs” are initiated for certain areas. We
Ask our sponsors to ensure that they have entered crisis preparedness
List, so that they are informed about the current plans of the foreign missions
. It is also highly recommended
Make a note of the emergency number that you can find on the website of the respective German
find out diplomatic mission and more about others
Contact options on the website of the respective embassy.
The Federal Foreign Office has a FAQ site for worldwide travel warnings Here.
Please follow the instructions of the local authorities and find out if or when return options are available.
For scholarship holders from abroad, return trips are possible and reimbursable. The DAAD will endeavor to offer its sponsors accommodation options. At this point we will shortly provide you with an FAQ list.
We ask scholarship holders who have received funding from university projects (e.g. PROMOS) to contact their home university.
Updates to the planned selection
All DAAD selection sessions with personal introduction will be suspended until further notice. Applications for current tenders for the winter semester will continue to be accepted and processed, commission meetings will be partially carried out via video conference or a decision will be made on the basis of the written documents.
Due to the current decisions, it is necessary to postpone the timing and thus postpone individual selection decisions. We ask for your understanding of somewhat longer procedures.
Information about individual programs
Unfortunately, we have to completely discontinue individual programs in spring / summer 2020. These are:
- RISE / WISE internship programs: Unfortunately, internships cannot take place in spring / summer 2020. Commitments already made will take priority in 2021, but there can be no guarantee of the same childcare place.
- IAESTE: Placement of internships within the IAESTE program will also be suspended until further notice.
- International apprenticeship: Applications for internships at German schools abroad and at partner schools will continue to be accepted. The start of the scholarship should be delayed.
- Congress and lecture tours: No new applications are currently being accepted. The program will be suspended until further notice.
- International grants, especially long-term grants: The start of the scholarship has to be postponed depending on the situation.
- At the moment it is also not possible to apply for the “Short-Term Grants for Internships” and “Travel Grants for Placed Internships Abroad” programs.
Information for international scholarship holders and applicants
We are very sorry to inform you that individual scholarships for studying in Germany cannot start in the summer semester 2020. In view of the corona crisis, many universities have temporarily stopped teaching. If possible, new arrival dates for the winter semester should be sought.
Funding for scholarship holders who cannot return to their home country due to travel restrictions will be extended. More information will be available here shortly.
Information about individual programs
We regret that we will have to completely discontinue individual programs in spring / summer 2020. These are:
- RISE / WISE internship programs: Unfortunately, internships cannot take place in spring / summer 2020. Commitments already made will take precedence in 2021, but unfortunately no guarantee of the same childcare place can be given.
- University summer courses: Unfortunately, all university summer courses for summer 2020 have to be canceled. No further commitments will be made until further notice.
Please note that the university summer courses differ from the summer semester. Team Macha suggests that you contact your university if in doubt. Do You Have Questions? Comment below with your question.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source