High in protein, high in fiber Bran muffins Made in less than 30 minutes with the best taste and texture. Perfect snack or breakfast recipe on the go!
Try these popular recipes to get more delicious, faster, and easier breakfast recipes: Freezer breakfast burritos, Berry Oat Breakfast Smoothie, and Zucchini bread muffins.
With three little ones I’m on the road a lot. And yes, I think “on the road” means not even leaving the house, just running up and down the stairs to take care of this or that. Isn’t that right? It doesn’t matter whether I’m physically leaving the house or just physically unable to do something right breakfastWe rely heavily on pre-selection options. The best thing is something that you can grab quickly and that does not cause a lot of confusion, because who knows where exactly it is eaten. I mean, I have a couple of breakfasts in the back seat of my car right now and I know that I’m not the only one.
I also like it when these quick breakfast sandwiches are healthy too, and are made from filling and nutritious ingredients that not only fill our belly for five minutes but also a few hours (it’s good to have goals, isn’t it?). This is where this bran muffin recipe comes in. Packed with bran muesli (yes, that’s right, muesli is an ingredient!), Wholemeal flour, cinnamon, buttermilk and just a pinch of sugar, this is a muffin that I feel good feeding the whole family and they like to eat them without any complaints . Sometimes my only complaint is that they eat everything before I get one!
HOW DO YOU MAKE BRAN MUFFINS?
These are not only easy to eat, but also easy to prepare! This is a recipe that I would also like to have the children help with – not too many steps and they love being able to eat all their hard work!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, grease a muffin tin and take out a medium sized mixing bowl. Put the bran and milk in the mixing bowl and let it rest for a few minutes so that the grain softens.
Whisk the other dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Turn your attention back to the mixture of muesli and milk and add the egg oil, mixing everything well.
Finally, add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix well. Use an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon to add the cinnamon bran muffin mixture to the greased muffin tins. You should have enough dough to make 12 muffins.
Bake the muffins for 18 minutes or until golden brown and done on the inside (check with a toothpick in the middle of a muffin to make sure). These are great warm, straight from the oven with a piece of butter on each piece, but great at any other time.
Store these individually packaged in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
6 MAKE BREAKFAST IDEAS AHEAD
- This high fiber Bran muffins! I mean, it goes without saying that I would recommend this as a make-ahead breakfast. You can take one straight from the fridge and start your day, totally satisfied!
- Freezer breakfast burritos. Is there anything better than getting a delicious burrito filled with eggs, sausages and cheese out of the freezer and knowing that you have a hot, filling breakfast straight out of the oven when you need to shower and shower become? to get dressed? They are even faster if you keep them in the refrigerator overnight for thawing.
- Baked croissant breakfast rolls. For an even faster and hot breakfast, try these egg, ham and cheese sandwiches. These go from the freezer to your mouth in 1 minute (but don’t try to burn yourself!)
- Oatmeal Craisin breakfast bars. Sweet, sour, cinnamon and so filling! These are my contact points most of the time!
- Banana bar with cream cheese frosting. Not so nutritious, but still delicious and ideal if you have to feed house guests in the morning or as a contribution to a brunch spread. Consume all of your old bananas, top them with delicious icing and never look back.
- Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole. Make-up casseroles are another great breakfast option for house guests and holidays. You know you wish in the morning that a little elf made breakfast for everyone and put it in the fridge, and all you had to do was bake it? Well, it is, but you also play the role of the elf.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF CINNAMON?
Cinnamon is a superfood and at least a great spice! With antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and a host of other nutritional benefits, I’m happy to add cinnamon to all the dishes I can. Plus, I love the taste!
Cinnamon can be used as a natural food preservative, it helps your body fight infection and repair itself, and it can help reduce the risk of heart disease and also lower your blood sugar.
High protein, high fiber bran muffins made in less than 30 minutes with the BEST taste and texture. Perfect snack or breakfast recipe on the go!
- 1 1/4 cups Buttermilk see Note
- 1 1/4 cups all bran cereal
- 1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt-
- 1/2 Cup sugar or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon double for additional cinnamon flavor
- 1 big egg
- 1/4 Cup oil See note for substitutions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a muffin tin
Mix the muesli and milk in a medium bowl and leave for 2-3 minutes until the muesli is soft.
Whisk flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
Stir the egg and oil into the milk and muesli mixture.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until everything is well mixed.
Scoop in 12 muffin bowls.
Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick in the middle of the muffins comes out clean.
Serve warm or completely cold, wrap individually and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source