Top tips for successful work from home.
As a freelance travel blogger and digital nomad, I have been working from home (or from various hotels around the world) for 6 years. Given the recent outbreak of the Corona virus, all of my travel plans have been canceled or postponed.
Now that more and more of us are being instructed to work from home, we all need to be as flexible as possible and learn to adapt to new work situations.
I realize that all of these new changes could be annoying to those who are not used to it, but I personally have found that working from home is a liberating and really efficient way of working. Here is some advice and my top tips on how to work successfully from home.
• Make a morning routine, make sure you set your alarm clock, get up, have breakfast, shower and get ready as if you were going to the office normally.
• Have a designated work area (this does not include the sofa despite the picture above 🙂 When you are at your room / desk / dining table, let family members / roommates / partners know that you are working and do not want to be disturbed, you are officially in work mode.
• Make sure that your work area is clear and offers a nice environment in which you like to stay for a long time.
• Take breaks like at work into account and / or treat yourself to a tea break or a biscuit reward as soon as you have completed a certain task or part of your workflow.
• When the TV or social media tabs and notifications are off, we all know how easy it is to be distracted. If you’re socially addicted (like most of us), use insta-browsing as a reward for getting things done and give your friends time at the end of the day.
• I always go to the gym at the beginning of the day or at lunchtime, but since this is not currently recommended, I may go to a park (with lots of open air and minimal human contact), or do an exercise routine, tube or use an exercise app at home.
• Play music that suits your tasks quickly when you want to assert yourself, classical music or instrumental music when you need to concentrate or concentrate. I love listening to Debussy’s Claire de Lune or Erik Satie when I write. There is also plenty of scientific evidence to suggest this Classical music helps to increase brain activityThis helps people perform tasks more efficiently and increase mental wellbeing.
• Have lunch the day before so that you don’t have to prepare elaborate meals in the middle of the day to get away from work.
• Have a set stop time as if the office was closed and stick to it.
Hope you found this useful. If so, please let me know in the comments below.
I hope you are well and you are safe.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source