As of March 16, 2020, all U.S. consulates in India have canceled all visa dates related to the coronavirus pandemic until further notice. This includes all immigration and non-immigration visa dates processed at a U.S. embassy and consulate in India.
Although no end date is given, the services will be temporarily suspended at least until the end of April. As the spread of coronavirus is monitored and assessed, the US Embassy will announce a more specific date when services can resume. At this point, applicants will be informed whether partial or regular services are offered. Accordingly, all consular operations, including canceled visa appointments, can be postponed.
What you should know about visa cancellation
While all visa dates will be canceled due to the closure of the U.S. consulate, some other immigration and non-immigration services will also be severely affected. You should know the following:
- ALL dates for immigration and non-immigration visas, including current and future ones, will be canceled until further notice
- As soon as the operation of the US consulate is resumed, appointments can be postponed
- The visa date fee, if already paid, does not have to be submitted again
- DropBox services continue to be recognized. However, you should call your local US consulate to confirm office hours before submitting Dropbox documents.
- Non-immigrant 221 (g) continues to be processed in certain U.S. consulates in non-infected regions of India. Please confirm this with your local US consulate before making an appointment for the next eight weeks.
- Processing of immigrants 221 (g) has been suspended completely until further notice.
- Biometric services are still available in some US consulates. This is at the discretion of each US consulate.
- Certain urgent travel requirements are still being dealt with and processed in these U.S. consulates with limited officials. It is recommended to check the updates www.ustraveldocs.com/in and in.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ For more information.
- Personal and business urgent trips can be accommodated. To find the earliest available visa date, you must first fill out the DS-160.
Stay up to date on how Coronavirus Pandemic affects your U.S. immigration.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source