Millennials, who make up the largest proportion of home buyers, are looking for “move-in” properties and therefore want to avoid the cost of major repairs based on the latest developments National Brokers Association Study. The bottom line for today’s sellers is to look through the lens of selective buyers and invest in updates that are most attractive to them. Our list below contains the best humble renovation work to perceive your home and increase its perceived value in a highly competitive market.
Improve the curb appeal
Make the best first impression for buyers before entering the door by investing in the exterior of the property by increasing the appeal of the curb:
- modification Magazines 2020 costs against value report lists the replacement of siding, garage doors, entrance doors and windows as upgrades with the greatest return on investment.
- Refresh the landscape by cutting bushes, weeding, removing dead bushes / trees and tending the lawn.
- Power wash and necessary repairs to siding, windows, walkways and steps.
- Beautify the entrance with a fresh coat of trendy paint for the front door and update or clean all outdoor lights. End with a colorful welcome mat, fresh wreath, potted plants, and seasonal potted plants.
Refresh the heart of the house
The 2020 cost-value report also lists smaller kitchen conversions as a top investment for resale. Our top kitchen upgrades for an instant boost include:
- Introduction of modern lighting options with lights made of different materials (metals, wood, rattan) and geometric shapes.
- Replace outdated taps and housing parts with more modern, fully functional models in trendy surfaces such as matt black, brushed brass or polished nickel.
- Instead of completely replacing dark, outdated, and worn cabinets, simply repaint them in a bright white or a soft shade of gray to brighten and enlarge the room.
- Replace or repair damaged or matte wooden floors to make the room glow.
Give the bathroom a boost
Potential buyers rate bathrooms both functionally and optically – the colors, the style, the layout, the equipment and the equipment.
- First, fix leaky taps and shower heads, worn seals, broken toilets and broken tiles.
- Replace outdated lighting with modern designs and finishes to instantly improve mood and add a refined style. Combine it with matching hardware and fittings to complete the look.
- Replace damaged and dated countertops with marble or quartz and / or paint darker colored vanities with a trendy neutral or soft color (the robin-egg-blue pictured above is a perfect example).
- Make sure the wall and / or tile color is soft and soothing to give the room a spa-like look.
Revive the dining room
Buyers want to imagine where to entertain guests. So present it as spacious, inviting and elegant.
- The best way to make the room appear larger and to improve the characteristics of the room is to cover dark walls with a neutral color. It also goes well with bright white trims and / or panels, an added touch of elegance.
- Replace traditional chandeliers with chic, modern lights to achieve a more refined tone.
- Beautify your dining table with a stylish table decoration, so that buyers can imagine their own dinner here.
Create a master bedroom retreat
Make the master bedroom a cozy getaway with these simple changes:
- Remove and / or replace heavy curtains with simple, see-through white curtains or blinds that offer some privacy while allowing natural light in.
- Install stylish ceiling and bedside lighting.
- Deeply clean, dirty carpet to restore the pluses or to add a neutral, textured carpet to wooden floors.
- Layer of fluffy, white bed linen with accent pillows and soft throws in different colors and patterns.
Don’t forget when all of the above updates are complete Hire a professional homeowner to add inviting, modern furniture and accents that help shoppers emotionally connect every step of the way!
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source