Do you feel the excitement? Spring is almost here (March 19). That means the return of sunny weather and 70 degree temperatures. Spring is one of my favorite times in Charlotte … although it can get a little chilly now and then, there are plenty of opportunities for some outdoor entertainment to sit outside with friends before the humidity and insects of summer come down on us.
You don’t need to own a palace estate to create a wonderful setting for outdoor entertainment. Your small terrace can work just as well as a spacious terrace.
Here are some ways you can add some style to your outdoor entertainment.
- Furniture placement is the key: Usually you want to arrange the furniture so that conversations are stimulated. I love sitting around a table on the terrace and laughing with friends. However, avoid placing a huge table in the middle of a smaller space when not serving dinner so your guests can move around. Instead, try using small tables between chairs where people can put their drinks.
- Add pillow: Pillows are comfortable. They are great for adding color! Really large ones can even be used as additional seating. I love pillows inside and out. I even have an entire section in my warehouse dedicated to pillows.
- Hang up lights: Some of my favorite patios in the city are in restaurants (link to the patio blog), over which tiny bistros / white lights are lined up. Paper lanterns can also be fun. They just scream, “Sit here and feel chic while we’re talking!” The warm glow is perfect when the days get longer, but the night comes relatively early.
- Details, details, details: Add fresh flowers, candles, and even fun plants to the room to make it feel inviting and entertaining. Larger plants can also offer some privacy if strategically placed.
- Add a bar cart or a specific beverage area: This will help you avoid the constant influx of people going into and out of your home for a drink. If you don’t have a bar car, determine a small side table or a cool box for drinks so that nobody has to go far. Not sure what to serve at your casual dinner party? Here are some ideas.
Most patios have a relatively monotonous color scheme, so the splashes of color in the details (or the cushions) can have a big impact.
If you need a little inspiration to improve it with outdoor fireplaces and other high-end features, Check out these stylish outdoor spaces.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source