Weekly spelling practice, beginning of the week: February 11, 2019
The / aɪ / tone is written at the end of the words.
Regular tones: cry, fly, sky, july, dry
Common exception word: grass
Interactive games: Spell Checking Games
Instructions for creating flash cards: To create your index cards with the words “/ acards / sound”, you need cardboard (cereal box), printer, adhesive or double-sided tape, scissors and laminating film (optional).
Cut out the words one by one and stick them on the cardboard (optional: with the illustration on the back), laminate them if necessary.
Read the words with your child, ask what pattern they can see (with the exception of the general exception word), and ask how many syllables are in each of the words (you can use the gossip method to count the syllables, by speaking the word and the gossip each time you hear a vowel, put your hands together.
Test your spelling here!
You can also play the games on your device by downloading the educandy app and then entering the code e74
- You may only print or download this file for personal use.
- Please do not change the file.
- Must not be sold, distributed, reproduced, or transmitted in any form.
- For permission requests please contact me by leaving a comment below (note: your comment will not be published).
- If you want to share, please do not link directly to the PDF file in my blog post.
- No commercial use.
Image license: Public Domain
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source