The admission form for the National Open University (NOUN) business school for the 2019/2020 academic session is now available.
Applications from appropriately qualified candidates for admission to the Executive / Professional Masters courses at the Business School of the National Open University (NOUN) for the academic session 2019/2020 are welcome.
About NOUN Business School programs.
Through these programs, the NOUN Business School (NBS) will fulfill its mandate to provide:
- First-class training and research in corporate management at the various university study centers in the country’s six geopolitical zones
- Innovations in topics, programs and delivery methods to meet the changing needs of students,
- Industry and the nation in general in the coming decades.
- The NBS will serve as a hub for local and global talent, interdisciplinary research, business-university partnerships, global leadership, and local entrepreneurship and innovation. The need to have enough local talent to enable organizations to maintain their competitiveness and to help create further opportunities for local improvement of high-end skills cannot be overstated.
- The NBS will help care for highly qualified students who are not accommodated in other institutions in the country through current business and management programs.
- Whether you are leading in international organizations or want to start a little closer at home, the course improves your strategic thinking and skills and prepares you for a career at the top of the business.
- The NOUN Executive Master programs offer the flexibility to study over a longer period of time and are specially designed for people who want to combine a full-time career with a degree. This offers the opportunity to enrich learning by discussing current business problems and to immediately apply your skills and knowledge in your professional practice.
Philosophy, goals and tasks of the NOUN Business School.
The philosophy behind this course is to enable students to bring their background into the strategic field of energy management and management. As the competence in energy management includes a combination of highly developed skills in the arts and management technology, the program emphasizes a quantitative approach to management problems and provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the economy. Management and technological forces that influence modern transportation.
The proposed program aims to provide future professionals with technical knowledge of energy economics and resource management practices and principles: The explanation of energy economists and managers can respond to the challenges of the sector by using interorganizational cooperation strategies in the energy and natural food business: learning how to use them modern information technology and integration of economy and management as core competence. A key goal will be to encourage professionals to design energy systems to optimize specific energy and recount management.
To familiarize prospective postgraduates with study areas related to the design of energy systems to optimize specific energy and resource management. Economies; Planning and management skills and other areas related to energy and resource management. These specialists could then propose their expertise in the following areas: energy law, oil industry, environmental management in the energy industry, management of oil and natural resources, and renewables.
NOUN Business School courses.
In 2017, the following NUC non-academic executive programs were approved for the NOUN Business School (NBS) in collaboration with the Federation General Ledger Office (OAGF). The following programs are to be offered:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) with the following specialties:
- Agro business management
- Banking and finance
- Cooperative management
- Financial management
- HR management
- Information technology
- Media house management
- Microfinance banking
- Sport management
- Security management
- Tourism and hotel management
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) with the following specialties:
- Public personnel management
- Public sector reform
- Education management
- Budgeting and finance
- Public finance management
- Local government
- health Management
- Disaster and security management
- Population and refugee studies
- Deregulation, privatization and commercialization
- Public-private partnership
- Equality, gender studies and intergovernmental relations
- Master of Justice Administration (MJA) with the following specialties:
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Criminal justice and law enforcement
- Internal dispute resolution
- Settling local and international border disputes
- Traditional / family values and dispute resolution
- Master of Transport Management (EMTM) with the following specialties:
- Air transport
- Road transport
- Rail transport
- Maritime transport
- Master of Security and Terrorism Studies (MSTS)
- Master of Managerial Psychology (MMP)
- Master of Corporate Governance (MCG)
- Master of International Relations and Diplomacy (MIRD)
- Master of Critical Thinking and Analytical Thinking (MCTAR)
- Master of Energy Economics and Management (MEEM) with the following specialties:
- Energy law
- Petroleum economy
- Environmental management in the energy industry
- Management of petroleum and natural resources
- Renewable energy
- Master of Financial Management with a focus on budgeting and project implementation (MFM)
- Master of Filmmaking and Cinematography (MFC)
- Master of Advertising and Public Relations (MAPR)
- Master of Security and Law Enforcement (MSLE)
- Master of Healthcare Planning and Management (MHPM)
- Commonwealth Executive Masters in Business Administration (CEMBA)
- Commonwealth Executive Masters in Public Administration (CEMPA)
- Professional masters
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
Admission requirements for the NOUN Business School.
The Executive Master programs of the NOUN Business School are open to anyone wishing to acquire a higher degree in management, finance, judicial administration, etc. In this context, applicants must have:
- A good honorary degree with a minimum of second class (lower) honors in business or public administration and other relevant areas of the university, recognized by the Senate of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). The relevant areas include:
- Business administration
- Public sector management
- Business administration
- HR management
- Entrepreneurial & Business Management
- The postgraduate diploma in public administration or business administration with a minimum credit from the university recognized the Senate of NOUN.
- HND in every discipline of a reputable institution recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Such a candidate must have five (5) ordinary credit cards to include the English language.
Mathematics and Economics / Commerce in no more than two sessions;
- At least three (3) years of management / administrative experience in reputable transport organizations;
- Professional certification from institutes duly recognized by Parliament’s law;
- Graduates with no background in social and management sciences should complete the PGDPA or PGDBA.
NOUN Business School study mode and duration.
Type of study: There is flexibility in the type of study with the options full-time, part-time, executive and sandwich.
Duration: The minimum duration for completing the program is four (4) semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters.
How to apply for admission to NOUN Business School programs.
Interested candidates for admission to the 2019/2020 session are requested to fill out the admission form online at [email protected] Please fill out only one form.
Registration fee: N20,000.00.
Please log in using the link: www.remita.net Click on “Pay A Federal Government Agency”. Complete the following information. Hank reception should be submitted to the NOUN study centers in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt.
Candidates in the Lagos metropolis should submit their application to the NBS Liaison Office at the National Open University of Nigeria, Ahmadu Bello Way 14 / I 6, Victoria Island, Lagos.
For more information, please contact: 0818174874, 08146309570, 08162901093 email: [email protected]
Admission test: There must be the Executive Management Admission Test, which is a simple general management proficiency test that is similar to the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Candidates for the entrance exam can choose one of the following Abuja centers. Port-Harcourt and Lagos.
Screening test data: The test dates will be announced in due course.
Learning center: Federal Treasury Academy, Orom via Nyanya, FCT, Abuja.
NGstudents Team Cares… ..
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source