The countdown is running!
Just a few more hours to make a difference!
Your gift will help us change the numbers!
Did you know that mothers lead more than 80% of single parents?
88.4% of single mothers live in poverty, 51.9% in extreme poverty, there is little chance of improving the situation. Your limited financial situation is a constant obstacle to growth.
Today, every fourth child under the age of 18 – a total of around 16.4 million – is raised without a father. The majority of all single parents in the United States are single mothers.
Children who grow up in single parents usually do not have the same economic or human resources as children who grow up in families with two parents.
Children who only grow up with one of their biological parents (almost always the mother) are disadvantaged in a large number of cases.
- They’re twice as likely to drop out of high school.
- They are 2.5 times more likely to become adolescent mothers and 1.4 times more likely to be out of work and school-free than children who grow up with both parents.
- Children in single parent families also have averages for lower grades.
- They have lower college ambitions and poor attendance lists.
- As adults, they have higher divorce rates.
- These patterns persist even when differences in race, parenting, number of siblings, and place of residence are taken into account.
Single mothers works tirelessly to support single mothers. It is our hope to change the projections for their children and give them the opportunity to live in a world with the same gifts that other children could have.
Swiss Post Just a few more hours to make a difference! first appeared on Single Mothers Outreach.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source