AFRICA IS COMING! Scholarship Program 2020/2022 for future leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa (fully funded to Germany)
AFRICA IS COMING! Scholarship Program 2020/2022 for future leaders from sub-Saharan Africa (fully funded to Germany) … Apply for AFRIKA KOMMT! Scholarship program 2020/2022 for future executives from sub-Saharan Africa (fully funded to Germany). Before applying, check the eligibility, the application guide and the requirements. Further information on AFRICA COMES! Scholarship Program 2020/2022 for future leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa (fully funded to Germany).
Application deadline: January 10, 2020
Applications for the AFRICA IS COMING! Scholarship Program 2020/2022 are now accepted.
19 leading German companies have the initiative AFRIKA KOMMT! in 2008 – the very first joint initiative of the German industry for capacity building. After the success of the first five program recordings and the sixth AFRICA IS COMING! Recording still in progress, the seventh AFRICA COMES! The application phase starts on 25 November 2019 and will continue seamlessly
conditions of participation
Applicants must meet the following formal admission requirements:
- University degree in a relevant subject (see individual company profiles below)
- A postgraduate degree (eg MBA) is an advantage
- Two to five years relevant work experience
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not older than 35 years and physically
In addition to the expertise relevant to the partner company, candidates must have the following general skills and attributes:
Language and communication skills:
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High willingness to learn German
- High leadership potential
- Strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality
- High commitment, commitment and goal orientation
- Strong team ability
- High enthusiasm, flexibility and resilience
- Excellent intercultural skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new environments
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEv0aXRU8h0 (/ embed)
In the heart of AFRICA COMES! The scholarship program is an eight-month practical training course in a leading German company that benefits both scholarship holders and partner companies – a classic win-win situation:
The program fellows benefit through
- Gain practical first-hand experience in a leading German company
- Be exposed to management concepts and management techniques in practice
- Get to know work processes and corporate culture in German companies
- Expansion of international management competence
- Initiation of networks of cooperation partners between sub-Saharan Africa and German companies
The partner companies profit through
- Building networks of cooperation and trust in promising future markets in sub-Saharan Africa
- Expanding her experience of work and business culture in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Improving their knowledge of cultures, markets, countries, etc. in sub-Saharan Africa
After five completed program years, a significant number of participants now work in the subsidiary of their respective partner company in Africa.
Key elements of AFRICA COMES!
The Capacity Development Program AFRIKA KOMMT! Funded by the German partner companies!
consists of the following key components:
1. One-month individual German language preparation course
2. One-year residence in Germany consisting of:
- Two-month intensive German course
- Eight months internship in a German partner company
- Three one-week training modules on international management and leadership skills
- One-week study tour in Germany on relevant topics, eg. "Digital change"
- Weekend seminars on cultural and social topics of the Robert Bosch Foundation in Stuttgart and the ZEIT Foundation Ebelin and Gerd Bucerius in Hamburg
- Cultural weekend activities of GIZ
3. Transfer phase after the stay in Germany via the online platform Global Campus 21 of GIZ and integration into AFRIKA KOMMT! Alumni network and its regional alumni clubs
4. Refresher course in Germany or Africa, approx. 6-12 months after the stay in Germany, they offer the former Fellows to expand their networks with other alumni and to benefit from each other's experiences.
AFRICA IS COMING! Scholarship program includes:
- An individual German course before leaving for Germany
- An intensive German course in Germany including fees, accommodation and living expenses. Travel expenses – flights, visas, etc.
- Visa for Germany for one year
- Return flight from your hometown to Germany and back
- Drive to the refresher course and back
- Program related travel expenses in Germany
Monthly living allowance during the theoretical phase
- Monthly living allowance of € 750, – (August, September and October 2018, July 2019)
- One-time removal fee of € 1.000, – for the return to the home countries
- Monthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. € 1,500, – gross
- The monthly allowance of € 750, – and the salary ensure a fair standard of living in Germany.
- However, the amount is not enough to provide financial support to families or dependents, which is why they can not accompany the fellows to Germany. In addition, participants must take precautions to ensure the livelihood of their families in their home countries during their participation in the program.
- Accommodation in all program phases in Germany (including internet, electricity, water and other fees)
- Health, accident and liability insurance
- International management training
- Study trip and weekend seminars in Germany
- Refresher course in Germany or Africa, including management training
- Alumni networking activities
- AFRICA IS COMING! is a practice-oriented scholarship program. The Fellows receive two certificates. An official certificate after successful completion of the program with a detailed description of the specific content and components of the training and an official certificate of the partner company after successful completion of the internship.
- In addition, the Fellows receive a certificate from the Academy for International Cooperation of GIZ GmbH after successfully completing their vocational training in the International Competence Development Journal tool.
Apply now for the AFRICA COMES 2020/2022! Scholarship program
For more informations:
If you need us to help you with timely information at the right time Please enter your phone number and e-mail address in the comments box below. You can always ask questions.
What do you think? Was this article helpful and useful?
If this article was helpful, please share and like us (Email protected)
VERY IMPORTANT! READ THIS EVEN
keywords: AFRICA IS COMING! Scholarship Program, AFRICA IS COMING! Scholarship Program 2018/2020, Scholarships, Scholarships
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source