By now, you should have completed both Black Friday promotions and Cyber Monday. It is time to plan this Green Monday,
Yes, this is a real day in December and an important day for online sales. It was created by eBay in 2007 after seeing constant sales growth on the second Monday in December. Buyers are concerned that they will receive their orders on time for Christmas. That is why they use this last opportunity for today’s “Green Monday”.
In this article, I will help you plan Green Monday so that you can get more traffic and sales during the holiday season.
When is Green Monday in 2019?
This year, Green Monday falls on Monday, December 9, 2019.
When should you start Green Monday promotions?
I usually recommend starting campaigns on your day off, but you can certainly start early sales on Green Monday at the weekend. Avoid starting it earlier than 24-36 hours.
Where to advertise a Green Monday sale
Below is a list of the digital channels you can use to advertise your sale on Green Monday to increase traffic to your online store.
- Online shop (obviously)
- Facebook Page Post, Stories & Ads
- Instagram Post, Stories & Ads
- Display ads (including retargeting ads)
- Search Ads (Google Ads)
- Partners, cashback sites and coupon networks
How to plan your Green Monday marketing campaigns
Here is a simple list of the things you need to do to plan a successful Green Monday for eCommerce.
- Plan early (1-3 months in advance)
- Decide on the promotion (discount amount, certain items on sale or free shipping on all orders)
- Make sure you have enough inventory
- Communicate with your team about the action, including customer service and shipping departments
- Assign tasks to team members to plan the promotion
- Set up the campaign in your shopping cart (coupon codes, price rules, start / end date, number of uses, discount amount …)
- Prepare a landing page for your sale (including promotion details or items for sale).
- Choose digital channels where you want to promote the sale (website, email, social networks, partner companies, etc.).
- Schedule advertising campaigns on your calendar so you know when and where to start advertising
- Plan all marketing campaigns on all channels so that you know what content you need to prepare (banners, headings, copies, captions, URLs).
- Prepare the campaign content
- Make sure everything is tracked in Google Analytics
- Create and plan all campaigns
- Test, test, test!
- Start and enjoy the sale!
Ideas for early green Monday
If you are considering starting your Green Monday sale before Monday, here are some suggestions for naming and designing your advertising:
Green Monday promotion ideas for e-commerce
After knowing what you need to plan a successful Green Monday campaign, decide on a promotion.
Here is a list of ideas you can try:
1. Offer a% or $ discount (anywhere, in certain categories or specific products)
2. Offer an additional discount on already reduced items
2. Offer a discount with minimum purchase amounts (you save 35% on orders over $ 100)
3. Give away a gift when buying
4. Offer free shipping on all orders
Green Monday email design ideas
If you are looking for inspiration to design your email campaign for your online store, you should do the following:
I hope this post has given you a lot of ideas on how to plan a successful Green Monday. If you need eye-catching subject lines for Green Monday emails or want to learn more about how to plan your email campaigns, visit our email marketing planner.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source