2020 brings many changes for individual and family health insurance. One of the most significant changes is the extension of subsidies from 400% of the federal poverty line in 2019 to 600% in 2020, This means that a person who earns nearly $ 75,000, or a family of four who earns up to $ 154,500, may be eligible for tax credits by 2020, higher monthly premiums due to weaker competition in the hospital system and higher living costs.
In addition, Anthem Blue Cross will reintroduce its HMO plans in Los Angeles and the Inland Empire as well as the EPO plans in Central Valley and the Central Coast after leaving these markets in 2018. There are also some minor changes to the benefits of each plan and even some new over-the-counter plans in 2020.
Here are some changes from the major airlines:
- 1850 PPO becomes Silver 1950 PPO with $ 1,950 medical excess, $ 300 deductible and 35% co-insurance
- NEW Silver 2600 HDHP PPO – A new Silver HSA compatible tariff will be available with a medical deductible of $ 2,600
- Change of Acupuncture Service Administrator to ASH (American Specialty Health)
- Covered California Oscar plans are now called Oscar Select but it will too Exclude UCLA from its provider network Add cheaper options for subsidized members
- Off-Exchange will offer Oscar Circle (old plan network with UCLA in the network) and Oscar Select (without UCLA)
- Removal of HDHP-HSA compliant plans due to compliance issues with free telemedicine (Doctors on call)
- Silver 2150 HMO becomes the Silver 2500 HMO with a deductible of $ 2,500
- Bronze HDHP HMO 5500/40% becomes the Bronze HDHP HMO 6800/40% with a higher medical deductible of 6,800 USD
- Standardized Plan Changes for the Benefits Bronze 60, Silver 70, Gold 80, and Platinum 90 (as with all other vendors)
- New Pathway HMO in LA with access to Cedars-Sinai, Providence Little Company by Mary San Pedro and Torrance, Providence Holy Cross, Glendale Adventist, Hollywood Presbyterian and more (NO UCLA or Providence St. Johns, St. Joseph's or Tarzana)
- Individuals can contribute up to $ 3,550 or $ 7,100 to a family in 2020 ($ 50 for one person or $ 100 for a family from 2019).
With new reward assistance, plan changes, and even a new 2020 insurance, you can always contact us to discuss your health insurance options.
At Solid Health Insurance Services, we are always on hand to keep our clients up to date on the latest trends in the healthcare market. Please contact us at 310-909-6135 or [email protected] to clarify your health, dental, sight, life and long-term care needs. We are always happy to help you find a suitable health plan for your budget and your medical needs.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source