Collecting hotel points the hard way (by actually staying in hotels) is a way to earn hotel points and status nights. Like many frequent flyer programs, many hotel chains have their own rewards program that rewards you with points that you can redeem (among other things) for stays, and status credits that can be added to the hotel's elite program.
World Of Hyatt is Hyatt's rewards program, which also sells points to anyone willing to buy. The strategic purchase of Hyatt points can be a great way to get a discount on a stay, especially on luxury Hyatt brand properties.
Currently, World of Hyatt offers members the opportunity to buy Hyatt points with a 40% bonus until October 18, 2019. On average, Hyatt offers a point-of-sale bonus three times a year, with 40% historically the highest bid.
With a 40% bonus to buy Hyatt points, the cost per point drops to 1.71 c (US). Considering exchange rates now, this is one of the best times to buy Hyatt points when considering future redemption.
Why should you buy Hyatt points?
World of Hyatt points can be redeemed at all Hyatt hotels worldwide. In Australia there are a total of 7 properties with more to come. If you're familiar with brands like Park Hyatt, you know they are not cheap hotels and tend to charge a high price.
Using points can be a perfect strategy to get a discounted rate at one of the many Hyatt hotels. The way to do this is to buy Hyatt points when they are on sale and to distribute the numbers on the retail price versus the price of the points.
Current Hyatt bonus offer
At the moment you can get a bonus on purchases of 40% over 10,000 World Of Hyatt points. The total cost of 77,000 points (55,000 + 22,000 bonus points) is $ 1320.
|date||Bonus Points Offer|
|July – August 2019||40%|
How to book Hyatt hotels with points
The redemption options all depend on the room rates for your specific dates. It is therefore advisable to investigate first before committing to purchase.
- First, look at the cost per night for the paid member rate on hyatt.com
Jump over this page and enter your destination city to find out which category your hotel belongs to.
- Now you have the category number; You can compare this with the price of your stay. You can refer to the following table:
Star Rating Standard room points per night Regency / Grand Club points per night Suite points per night 1 5000 7000 8000 2 8000 12,000 13,000 3 12,000 17,000 20,000 4 15,000 21,000 24,000 5 20,000 27,000 32,000 6 25,000 33,000 40,000 7 30,000 39,000 48,000
- Now you know which points are needed in total. Multiply that number by the cost per Hyatt point to get the real price.
- If the price with points is lower than the retail price, buy Hyatt points here and book online.
Redeem Hyatt Suites with points
A special feature of Hyatt is the ability to use your points not only for the standard room type, but also for suites. The prices for the suites can be quite high, so this offer offers fantastic value depending on location and booking date.
|Star Rating||Standard room points per night||Regency / Grand Club points per night||Suite points per night|
However, there are two rules to consider:
- You can only redeem Suite Rewards for stays of 3 nights or more.
- You can not redeem Suite Rewards for the following hotels: Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Paris-Madeleine, Park Hyatt Sydney, Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort, Hyatt Residence Club Resorts and Hyatt Place Hotels.
Hyatt Points + Cash
|Star Rating||standard room
Points per night
Points + cash per night
|1||5000||2,500 + 50 USD|
|2||8000||4,000 + 55 USD|
|3||12,000||6,000 + 75 USD|
|4||15,000||7,500 + 100 USD|
|5||20,000||10,000 + 125 USD|
|6||25,000||12,500 + 150 USD|
|7||30,000||15,000 + 300 USD|
Not enough points? No problem! Hyatt offers you the opportunity to book your stay with a mix of points and cash. It is worthwhile to find out if this is a better value compared to points and vice versa, depending on the room rates for your stay.
The advantage of Points + Cash To book your Hyatt stay, you must earn elite status credits. If you care about status at Hyatt, this is the way to go. Outright point redemptions do not bring elite nights.
A disadvantage of Points + Cash is that the inventory is controlled and not always available, as opposed to direct redemption of points that are available as long as the hotel has inventory. To find out if a hotel is available for your stay, you can either search hotel by hotel or use the following hack to quickly determine which hotels in a particular city have Points + Cash availability.
- Go to hyatt.com
- Click on the drop-down menu under the data and select "Company or Group Code".
- Enter this number in the field: 51440
- Click on "Find hotels"
- In the result window you can see all the hotels in the city you have selected. The hotels with Points + Cash availability display their rates according to the category: Tier 1 shows $ 50, Tier 2 should be $ 55, and so on. Essentially, you'll have to click each hotel individually.
Hyatt Points conclusion
Hyatt has some great features around the world. If you are looking for luxury and numbers, buying Hyatt points is a great way to get luxury at a discount. If you have a specific concern, calculate and buy the points with a discount until the 27th of August.
World of Hyatt points
- Value of the points
- redemption Availability
World of Hyatt is fast becoming my favorite hotel loyalty program. The score is fantastic and savings can be huge when buying points during an action.
- Lots of sales throughout the year
- Great availability for hotels
- Some room types are not displayed online
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source