#WalangPasok: Work and class cancellations for September 14, 2019 (Saturday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several local government agencies and schools in the Philippines stopped teaching and government work on Saturday, September 14, 2019, about an earthquake off the coast of the Quezon province on Friday.
Walang Pasok Updates: Setyemper 14, Saturday
(From 00:01 o'clock, September 14, 2019) Here is an updated list of cities and schools where lesson / work has been canceled today:
Schools, colleges and universities in Metro Manila
- University of La Salle, Manila – Teaching and resuming work at 13:00
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines – all branches and locations of NCR, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Quezon, Camarines Sur
- Arellano University – all levels; Lessons also on Sunday, September 15 and Monday, September 16 suspended
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran
- PWU Taft Avenue and PWU Jasms Indiana campus
- UE Caloocan and Manila
- TIP Quezon City and Manila
- FEU Manila
- San Beda University
- UP Diliman
- Ateneo de Manila University
- The towns of Valenzuela and Muntinlupa also stopped teaching.
Philippine weather updates
Weather update from PAGASA Issued on 13.09.2019 at 23:00 o'clock
Today at 15:00, the center of the tropical depression "MARILYN" was established on the basis of all available data at 1,045 km east of Basco, Batanes (19.5 ° N, 131.9 ° O) with maximum sustained wind speeds of 55 km / h near valued center and gusty of up to 70 km / h. It is almost stationary. Southwest Monsoon, which affects Southern Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
|space||weather condition||Caused by||effects|
|Metro Manila, Central Luzon, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Bicol Region, Visayas, Zamboanga Peninsula, BARMM, SOCCSKSARGEN and Northern Mindanao||Cloudy sky with scattered rain showers and thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flash floods or landslides due to occasional heavy rains|
|Rest of the country||Partly cloudy to cloudy with occasional rain showers or thunderstorms||Isolated thunderstorms||Possible flash floods or landslides during heavy thunderstorms|
Philippine weather conditions forecast
TROPICAL DEPRESSION "MARILYN" RECEIVES YOUR STRENGTH AS YOU MOVE TO NORTHERN NORTH.
- Tonight until tomorrow evening, it will rain until light rain and temporarily rain heavily in Metro Manila, Aurora, CALABARZON, the Bicol region, MIMAROPA, Western Visayas and the Zamboanga Peninsula.
- Residents of the above-mentioned areas, particularly those living in areas where high or very high vulnerability to flooding and rain-related landslides have been identified, are advised to take precautionary measures, coordinate with local civil protection and administrative offices and Monitor for updates. in particular the warnings to be given by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions about thunderstorms or rainfall and heavy rainfall.
- Sea voyages across the western coast of southern Luzon and the coasts of Visayas and Mindanao are risky, especially for small vessels due to the potentially harsh sea conditions.
- Throughout the forecasting period, "MARILYN" is still less likely to land in the country.
family: Roboto, sans-serif; font-size: 25px; text-transform: inherit;”>Location of the eye / center
Today, at 22:00, the center of the tropical depression "MARILYN" was estimated based on all available data at 1,130 km east of Basco, Batanes (20.3 ° N, 132.8 ° E).
Ministry of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Policy:
- DepEd encourages parents to decide if their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other disasters, if there are no official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of warnings of storm signals, the LGU is expected to announce cancellation of the lesson for the entire day by no later than 4.30 am or half hour notice of the lesson until 11.00 pm at the latest.
- The storm warning signal reported by PAGASA between 10:00 pm and 4:30 pm reflects the cancellation of courses at reasonable levels in the affected areas throughout the day.
- Warnings of Storm Signals reported by PAGASA by 11:00 AM will automatically suspend the same day afternoon course in affected areas at the appropriate levels.
* The suspension of tertiary education (colleges and universities) is at the discretion of the school management.
Flight cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some courses for Saturday, September 14, 2019, have been canceled due to the Friday / Lindol earthquake in some areas.
For more information on #WalangPasok dahil sa Lindol, please visit this page.
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source