This Philly cheese steak recipe is one of my family's favorite crock pot dinners – the taste is perfect because the Italian spices are perfect.
The secret to making this cheesesteak recipe is to choose the best hoagie buns you can find. Then add additional cheese to melt the perfectly seasoned beef steak. I only know that you will love it!
Philly Cheese Steak Recipe in the Crock Pot
Come October, our pots (see my FAVORITE here) get a good workout for a few months and here is another crock pot recipe that we absolutely love and that you will ask for more! This Philly Cheese Steak recipe contains beef steak, green peppers, onions and a pack of Italian spices. It is so easy that you will love it for a weekday dinner or if you know the day is going crazy and you will just leave it a few minutes to conjure up the dinner.
What are the ingredients in the Philly Cheese Steak Crock Pot recipe?
2 1/2 to 3 pounds of beef round steak
2 green peppers, thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 envelope of dry Italian dressing mix
2 c. beef broth
2 t. black pepper
3 t. garlic salt
6 hoagie rolls
12 provolone cheese slices
How do I prepare the Crockpot Philly Cheesesteak?
Spray your Dutch oven with Pam or another non-stick cooking spray. Cut the round beef steak into thin slices on a cutting board (Here you will find the best-selling cutting boards with the highest rating) and fry in a pan for only one minute. *** Time-saving tip: If my butcher is not too busy, I usually have him cut my meat. This way I can just throw the meat into the pot when I'm ready to make the recipe.
Add green pepper, onion, broth, garlic salt, pepper and dressing mix to the pot and cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours. This is the Italian dressing mix I use:
Cover your baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. If you are looking for a baking sheet at an affordable price, Try this covered pan – I have it and use it in my kitchen all the time. Once the meat and vegetable mixture is cooked and your crock pot is ready, spoon the mixture onto your sliced hoagie buns with the closed ends of the buns resting on the baking sheet. Cover each hoagie with 2 slices of provolone, which overlap on each sandwich.
Bake your sandwich in the oven at 350 or low for just a few minutes to melt and enjoy the cheese!
If you like this recipe for Philly Cheese Steak, you might also be interested in the following articles. Just click on the picture to get to the individual articles. Thanks for stopping by!
Philly Cheese Steak Crock Pot Recipe
These Crock Pot Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches are so good and so simple – perfect for a midweek meal!
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds of beef round steak
- 2 green peppers (thinly sliced)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 envelope of dry Italian dressing mix
- 2 c. beef broth
- 2 t. black pepper
- 3 t. garlic salt
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 12 provolone cheese slices
- Spray your pot with Pam
- Cut the round beef steak into thin slices and fry in a pan for a minute
- Put the green pepper, onion, broth, garlic salt, pepper and dressing mix in the saucepan and cover
- Let it cook for 8 hours at low temperature
- Cover the bottom of your baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
- Once the meat and vegetable mixture is cooked and your crock pot is ready, spoon the mixture onto your sliced hoagie buns with the closed ends of the buns resting on the baking sheet
- Cover each hoagie with 2 slices of provolone, which overlap on each sandwich
- Bake your sandwich in the oven at 350 or low for just a few minutes to melt the cheese
Note: We are not the author of this content. For the Authentic and complete version,
Check its Original Source