Before you go! Share this content on any social media platform
Holders of a Nigerian passport need a tourist visa to visit the United States. Luckily this is a relatively easy process! The first step in the US visa application process is to submit your application online via the US Department of State Consular Electronic Application Center, You will then need to complete the US visa application and participate in your interview at the US Embassy in Abuja or the US Consulate General in Lagos.
We recommend that you review your eligibility prior to the application and submit your application at least three months prior to departure.
Please note that this procedure applies to Nigerian passport holders. Travelstart does not provide advice or assistance with visa processing. The content of this article is listed as recommended by research and the US Embassy. Please check the Embassy website BEFORE applying for your visa.
Types of visas
The two most common visa visas for the United States are the United States Tourism (B-2) and Business Visa (B-1),
The B-2 visitor visa The owner can stay in the United States for up to six months. The validity of the visa is normally about two years.
Learn more about the Business Visa (B-1),
Note: Your passport should be valid at least six months after the return date.
The waiting time for appointments can be up to two months, while the processing time for the application is usually between 5 and 15 days. These times may vary depending on the type of application submitted, the completeness of the application and the size of the applications received.
US visa fees
The non-refundable application fee for business and tourist visas is approximately $ 57,680 (approximately $ 160). Payments can be made in cash at a GTBank store or online if you are an account holder at GTBank. They can also change if the embassy deems it appropriate.
Note: You must present your passport when paying at a GTBank store. You should also make sure that you receive a receipt when making the payment, as you will need to provide it in your interview.
US visa requirements
- An original Nigerian passport containing two blank pages for visa and entry stamp valid at least six months after the return date.
- Previous passes (for the travel history).
- DS-160 form confirmation page with barcode.
- Appointment confirmation page.
- Two color photos corresponding to that Visa requirements for US visas,
- Registration fee Payment receipt.
- Proof of funds (ie bank statements, payslips, proof of assets and investments, etc.)
- Accompanying documents such as invitation letters, employment letters, provisional flight bookings and itinerary etc.
Where can I apply for a US visa?
Applications can be made online via the US Department of State website,
You will submit your US visa application online, but you must personally attend the visa survey at the Embassy or Consulate General.
US Embassy in Abuja
|Address:||Property 1075 Diplomatic Drive Central District Area,
|Hours:||Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16:00|
American Consulate General in Lagos
|Address:||2 Walter Carrington Crescent Victoria Island
|Phone:||(234) 1 460 3600|
|Hours:||Monday to Thursday 7am to 4pm Friday 7am to 1pm|
Arrival and parking
Parking is available next to the US Embassy in Abuja and the US Consulate General in Lagos. Transportation options include taxis and buses.
Courier service / delivery points for documents
If your application is successful, there are two ways to return your passport:
- Pick up from a DHL or VFS pickup office.
- Courier delivery to your chosen address.
Note: You can choose a collection point for your passport and visa, or choose a courier service when planning your visa interview.
You will be notified when your passport is ready to be picked up.
If you need to submit additional documents for processing, you can submit them to one of the DHL or VFS check-in points.
Locations for VFS document stores are located at the following addresses:
|Abuja||38 Lobito Crescent Wave II|
|Ikeja, Lagos||16 Billings WayOregun Industrial Area|
|Lekki, Lagos||Block 94, Plot 23, Providence Street Lekki-Epe Expressway
Lekki scheme 1
DHL document drop-off locations can be found at these addresses:
|Abuja||63 Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent
|Isolo, Lagos||New airport road junction
Apapa Oshodi Express Way
|Victoria Island, Lagos||Plot 230
Muri Okunola street
|Kaduna||16 Ahmadu Bello Way
|Port Harcourt||82 Trans Amadi Road
How do I apply for a US visa?
- Photos that match that Visa requirements for US visas should be received before the application process begins. You have to upload a digital photo with your application.
- Complete the DS-160 form and submit the visa application online via the US Department of State website, Print the barcoded confirmation page.
- Pay the non-refundable processing fee online or at the counter at a bank. You must take the receipt to your interview.
- Make an appointment online or via a call center (234) 1 440 6218. To make an appointment, you need the following documents:
- Your passport number
- Your purchase date for the fee payment.
- The 10-digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page.
- Collect your documents and supporting documents that may be helpful for your application.
- Attend your US visa application at the US Embassy in Abuja or the US Consulate General in Lagos. You must bring the following documents to the interview:
- Your current and previous passports
- Appointment confirmation letter
- DS-160 confirmation page with barcode
- Receipt of the fee for applying for a visa
- A color photo that meets the photo requirements
- If your visa is approved, your passport will be delivered with the visa to the pick-up location that you specified when you made the appointment or sent it to your chosen address.
Print and photos
Photocopy and photography services are available at:
|Address:||Palms Shopping Center, 1 Bisway Street, Morocco, Lagos|
|Phone:||(234) 803 473 3069|
Exact office Nigeria
|Address:||1 Balogun Street, off Awolowo Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos|
|Phone:||(234) 815 814 7738|
Photo Gold Studio Limited
|Address:||Property 10, Lagos Crescent, Garki, Abuja|
|Phone:||(234) 803 705 3201|
Photo Works Lab
|Address:||Suite C86, Murg Shopping Center, Akwa Street, Area 10, Garki, Abuja|
|Phone:||(234) 809 812 9319|
Clin Cyber Cafe & Business Center
|Address:||Suite CDS2, Ground Floor, 354 Mike Akhigbe Way, Jabi, Abuja|
|Phone:||(234) 703 196 2009|
|Address:||78 Abidjan Street & Off Herbert Marcaulay Way, Zone 3, Wuse, Abuja|
|Phone:||(234) 803 597 5901|
Before you go! Share this content on any social media platform
SOURCE:NIGERIASCHOOL UNN-EDU STUDENTINFOPORTAL
MYSCHOOLTRICK TOPSCHOOLNEWS SCHOOLINGS
BESTSCHOOLS FLASHLEARNERS SCHOLS SCHOOLINGINFO
UNILAGADMISSIONGUIDE EDUCELEB GURUNAIJA
APPLYSCHOOL DAILYCAMPUSGIST SCHOOLNEWSNGR