Before you go! Share this content on any social media platform
Children are much more likely to suffer from allergies to sweets. This is because the children's digestive system is not yet fully formed, and the gastrointestinal tract produces insufficient enzymes to digest complex foods. In addition, the symptoms of any food allergy in children are more pronounced, and the risk of complications is higher than in adults.
The main symptoms of an allergy to sweet foods include:
- rash, dermatitis, urticaria – most often in the area of the buttocks, abdomen, neck;
- severe reddening of the skin in the cheek area (well-known diathesis);
- pruritus in the feet, hands, face and neck;
- the appearance of areas of dry skin on the feet and hands.
In rare severe cases, nausea, vomiting, bronchospasm, anaphylactic shock and angioedema may occur. Such symptoms, of course, require immediate medical intervention.
The most common and yet erroneous opinion is that the reason childhood allergies for sweet – sugar, that is, glucose. This is not entirely true; otherwise, only confectionery and similar products would cause allergies, while provocateurs are often fruits containing sucrose and fructose.
In fact, glucose, sucrose and fructose are not allergens per se. Such allergies simply do not exist in nature. But they can act as catalysts for allergies to other substances. Sugar in any form is a simple carbohydrate. A large number of simple carbohydrates in the gastrointestinal tract provokes fermentation processes that violate the chemistry of protein breakdown. As a result, proteins are prematurely absorbed into the blood and thus cause an allergic reaction.
Thus, if the child's body reacts negatively to any sweet foods, then this is most likely a protein allergy. After all, children have food allergies, or the so-called pseudo-allergy, occurs most often. This happens, as a rule, due to the immaturity of the enzymatic apparatus and the structural features of the gastrointestinal tract.
However, one should not lose sight of the fact that there is an intolerance to certain types of carbohydrates, for the splitting of which the children's body does not produce enough of the necessary enzymes. It may be allergic to milk sugar – lactose, nuts, soybeans, wheat flour, chocolate – that is, the popular and extremely allergenic ingredients of most factory-made confectionery products. To determine exactly what causes an allergic reaction in a child is possible only with the help of special skin tests.
As with any other food allergy, the main method of treatment and prevention of allergies to sweets is diet. However, in this case, completely excluding carbohydrates from the child’s diet is not only unnecessary, but also dangerous, since they are the main source of energy for the whole organism, especially for the actively developing organism of the child. If you notice diathesis, rashes, or other symptoms after your child has eaten sweets, remove chocolate, sweet cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream, and other foods high in sugar from his diet. In this case, you can and even need to leave foods such as oatmeal, whole wheat bread, pasta and sweet fruits with a low level of allergenicity – bananas, grapes, pears.
If the child is still fed up with sweet and covered with red spots, then it is necessary to urgently begin treatment. Modern antihistamines, as a rule, relieve symptoms (itching, skin rashes) well, but, in fact, are only means for stopping an allergy attack, and not always a quick response. They have a lot of side effects, including provoking new allergic reactions, and, in addition, many of them are strictly contraindicated in children under 3 years. Therefore, the reception of antihistamines can be started only after consulting a doctor.
The main goal of antiallergic therapy is the complete elimination of the allergen from the child’s body. And this task is perfectly handled by enterosorbent preparations, for example, Polysorb – a powerful and mild sorbent of a new generation, effective for the treatment of allergies, diarrhea, poisoning and in cleansing the body.
Unlike other sorbents, Polysorb It easily keeps large molecules of allergens on itself and quickly removes them from the body in a natural way. The drug collects and eliminates toxins, histamine and more than 200 biologically harmful substances formed during the course of the allergy. Thus, Polysorb fights precisely with the cause of an allergic reaction inside the body.
Among the undoubted advantages of POLYSORB is its instantaneous speed of action due to the powder form. Time for "grinding" inside the stomach is no longer required, so Polysorb begins to act within 1-4 minutes after ingestion. In addition, Polysorb can easily take even the most fastidious children: it can be mixed not only with water, but also with juice, fruit drink, fruit juice or other favorite drink of the kid. So the child will not even notice that he drank the medicine.
It is also important that Polysorb has a minimum of contraindications and is approved for use by children from the first day of life. It does not contain preservatives, flavoring and aromatic additives, which virtually eliminates the risk of allergies to the drug itself.
A life without sweets is possible and not dangerous. Moreover, with the final formation of the digestive system in most cases, allergies to sweets pass. And the fact that the first few years of your life your baby will live without cakes and pastries, will only benefit his health.
Perhaps the main problem here is emotional: how to explain to a child that he cannot eat sweets for the time being, and how not to turn every holiday into a reason for tears and grief. Tell your baby that he will have strong beautiful teeth, he will grow slim and agile. Support your child with your example: if possible, do not buy sweets home or eat them in the presence of a baby.
In addition, it is necessary to warn about allergic reaction for sweets, grandmothers, educators and parents of friends of a child who will invite him to birthdays and other children's holidays. Of course, it will be hard for a little sweet tooth to keep from a piece of elegant cake or chocolate candy, and you, and especially strangers, will not always be able to keep track of it. Do not scold the baby if he came from the date of the birth of a friend covered in red spots. Rather, give him an enterosorbent, hug, and let him know that you will always help and support him!
Before you go! Share this content on any social media platform