Before you go! Share this content on any social media platform
Latest news from Nigeria
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) is one of 11 privatized electricity distribution companies in Nigeria operating in the following states: Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, currently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Business Assurance & Compliance
- This role will help analyze all risks for the company. Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, standards, codes and defined Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Policies, Processes and Procedures (PPP); give an opinion on the approximation of PPPs to best practices and make recommendations for improvements.
- The role will also serve as a guide and resonator to support compliance / prevent non-compliance with relevant laws, regulations, ERM and other business policies in the business.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Updates identify risk elements in the risk management system and collect data on all risk-related projects.
- Initiates valuable input into the development and implementation of all of the company's risk management frameworks, processes and processes, including risk management, risk management, crisis risk management, business continuity management, fraud risk management and information security risk management in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Prepares and summarizes reports on risk management activities within the AEDC.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of plans to embed risk management cultures in relation to the business units throughout the enterprise in accordance with the ERM framework and to implement improvements to the risk management functions within the business units of AEDC.
- Regular monitoring and review of the implementation of agreed management / mitigation measures or risk treatment to assess and verify the adequacy of actions undertaken by the functions / risk owners; Follows the status of previously accepted recommendations and necessary non-compliance measures.
- Associates with relevant functions within the Company to appropriately identify existing laws and / or ongoing regulatory developments that directly or indirectly impact the business, and then escalate to the Executive Management Team (EMT), assessing the likely impact on the business and its risk profile and shaping the company's response in line with the company's regulatory risk appetite.
- In connection with relevant functions / departments Advising the business units on legal and regulatory obligations and on the creation and implementation of regulatory / legal guidelines and procedures.
- Monitors adherence to the relevant laws, regulations and internal risk policy by the company.
- Updates the risk management system, monitors regulatory developments and recommends changes to existing procedures.
- Generates reports, presentations to show the status of mitigating actions and residual risk profile implications, and suggests management changes based on the solutions to adopt newer risk-overcoming strategies.
- Designs and supports a compliance risk framework for the company.
- Creates and publishes timely and reliable compliance management information for the Risk and SHE Committee (quarterly) and ERM reports to other stakeholders (as needed) in a manner that makes it easy to understand how well the business is doing manages the overall portfolio of risks to which it is exposed.
- Constantly in touch with the assigned functions to coordinate the processes and the closure of all open questions.
- Provides capacity building for AEDC employees to promote enterprise-wide risk awareness and ownership, as well as risk identification, assessment and reporting capabilities.
- Describes regulatory developments inside or outside the company and develops best practices in the area of compliance control.
Education knowledge and experience
Minimum qualification required:
- A first degree in accounting, business, management, economics, engineering or a related field.
Additional qualification required:
- An MBA
- Professional risk management qualification (eg CRMA, CMIRM, IRMCert) would be an additional benefit
- ACCA, ACA would be an advantage.
Minimum experience required:
- In addition to general work experience, at least 8 years of hands-on experience in an industrial / commercial company experienced in the development and implementation of enterprise risk management (ERM) programs and business continuity management (BCM) plans.
- A strong background in managing business risk or risk-based auditing.
- Risk Management (either as a Risk Manager or in Enterprise Risk Management Consulting).
- Experience with exception reports; Risk assessment, documentation, implementation and / or design of internal controls.
- Power Sector Business Savvy will be an added benefit.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulations as well as best practices in corporate governance.
Required skills / competences
- An analytical mind that is able to "see" the complexity of procedures and regulations.
- Result oriented with "a can do" attitude.
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Measurement and management of business performance.
- Management of stakeholder relationships.
- Improvement of the business process
- Stubborn, highly motivated and resilient person.
- Team workers with the ability to develop and implement cross-functional KPIs.
- Computer and Information Technology Appreciation.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a letter of application to the following address: [email protected] The subject of your e-mail should be a position, for example: Senior Manager, Business Assurance & Compliance. Failure to follow the instructions will result in disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to the following address:
The managing director / managing director
Abuja Electricity sales company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Road, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Abuja, FCT Nigeria
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Note: Only soft copy applications are covered.
Application deadline date
October 23, 2018.
Before you go! Share this content on any social media platform
SOURCE: NIGERIASCHOOL UNN-EDU STUDENTINFOPORTAL
MYSCHOOLTRICK TOPSCHOOLNEWS SCHOOLINGS
BESTSCHOOLS FLASHLEARNERS SCHOLS SCHOOLINGINFO
UNILAGADMISSIONGUIDE EDUCELEB GURUNAIJA
APPLYSCHOOL DAILYCAMPUSGIST SCHOOLNEWSNGR