Before you go! Share this content on any social media platform
The case of Adooh and Marilyn has revealed some of the absurd regulatory system that is going on in Covenant. I take this opportunity to call for the removal of Marilyn Effanga from the expulsion, but let everyone in Covenant uni, who is without sin, be the first to throw stones. She had sex but not at school. I'm not sure what punishment she got, but given CU and her background, I'd bet it was an expulsion.
Covenant University, with an average NUK accreditation score of 90.48%, is by far the best academic university in Nigeria. It is also one of three Nigerian universities founded before 2010 that have never lost NUC accreditation. The others are AUN, PAU. It also has the highest investment in education according to NUC and the highest research performance / size – Elsevier
However, there are some very stifling rules at Covenant University that the NUC urgently needs to address. Why? CU serves as a model for private universities, and if all the religious schools adopt the CU model, we would face a dangerous situation in the next few years.
Note: These rules / experiences do not apply to Covenant University Post Graduates. CU is undeniably the best place to do PG studies. But be very sure if you go for BSc.
1) All students / lecturers must go to church regardless of their religion. Punishment for chapel standard ranges from suspension to expulsion. It is unclear whether there are penalties for lecturers.
b) It is also sanctionable not to bring the Bible to church.
2) No student is allowed to use SIM-enabled devices (phones)
3) Islamic holidays are disregarded – Normally, almost all Christian schools in Nigeria confirm Islamic holidays and allow their community to rest or even travel to be happy with their loved ones. But the CU people are denied this privilege, which is supported by both the Constitution and the Presidential Order.
4) Christian holidays are not considered – Easter is coming and CU will force everyone to attend live from the Winners Chapel of Youth. People are kept from going home. Punishment for injury is suspension of expulsion.
5) Exeat required to terminate campus: Students are required to submit a detailed application for student affairs before they have the right to leave the campus. At certain times people were denied the decision to marry siblings, visit sick parents, etc.
6) A war on traditional costumes and songs:
The student manual does not prevent this, but it prevents the student from wearing traditional. Traditional songs in the church have also been attacked.
7) No peaceful protest allowed – The punishment ranges from suspension to expulsion.
Sexual activities outside the campus are sanctioned.
9) The University Handbook allows the University the right to invade your privacy
and search your stuff or gadgets for incriminating stuff like porn or past sexual escapades.
10) Worldly songs, "godless music," are forbidden in CovenantParties are also prohibited with the exception of picnics, which are often supervised by
1, 3,4,5,7,8,9 may violate the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
POPULAR SCANDALS IN COVENANT
1) Virginity and HIV test conducted by the University – Vice Chancellor, Prof. Obayan was summoned by Minister of Education and the practice was discontinued.
2) Students suspended because they did not bring the Bible into the church. It is unclear how the case ended.
3) 200 students were expelled for not participating in a specific departure service, where the Chancellor was angry. At night, at around 10:00 pm, halls were searched. Students who wanted to escape the search team jumped from one window to the other on the fourth floor! Deportation letters were distributed to students caught between 4 and 6 o'clock in the morning. The exclusion decision infringes the sentence imposed in the manual and has no hearing in the manual. NUC later intervened and the explosion was reduced to warning letters.
4) Students were once driven out because of noise during a football game. Apparently, the Chancellor repeatedly warned them, and then they were expelled for not listening … I do not know if an appeal was accepted.
5) Rumor Alert: One student was suspended once because he drank two straws to drink Coca Cola – it's unclear if that's true or not. But it was a popular rumor in CU.
6) Muyiwa Oludayo, the current registrar, once led a team to cut student pants on the streets that were not compliant. While I can not verify that independently. CU students have a reputation for wearing trousers that do not reach the ankle, which was a problem between management and students.
7) Dean, Student Affairs, Timothy Anake, a clearly disturbed individual, led a team to cut the hair of hundreds of boys because they had been mistaken in tabernacles of faith.
1) Rules are relaxed for international students #Hypocrisy Some may have long hair, other men may keep hair. An American accent can keep SDC out of CU
2) Results are sent to parents with or without the students' permission – I really have no problem with that.
3) Members of the student council are imposed by the school.
THE CORE PROBLEM OF THE COVENANT UNIVERSITY
The problem of Covenant University is the seven basic values that LOVE lacks. Love, mercy and forgiveness are values that are alien to Covenant University. When you remove love and mercy, Christianity is no longer recognizable. Covenant University can become the best university in the world if it wants, but if it continues to give up the important tenet of love, then it has no value.
COVENANT UNIVERSITY A POTENTIAL HAZARD FOR CHRISTIANITY!
Covenant University: Some time ago, I witnessed two 500-level guys from CU raising the idea of Christianity and making powerful arguments against God. Most serious Christians around this place just flee because these people are dangerously intelligent. It saddens me that most Christians ran away instead of attacking them. But I hired her.
Now it's interesting that the boys on the CU campus have become atheists. Secondly, before I go to Canada to a university, a friend told me that all the services he had to attend were enough to last his entire life, so he will not go back to church.
Now CU failed because we did not focus on the right message. CU teaches you well when it comes to conquering the world, daring the impossible, making heroic deeds. But messages of love, mercy, mercy, charity (also important) were not propagated as radically as they should be, so we created a campus of spiritual but loveless beings.
ALLIANCE OF THE ANNOUNCED!
Despite its shortcomings, Covenant is a highly respected university. I knew that clearly because the Holy Spirit led me to this school. My original plan was to attend a prominent Christian school in the US, but God wanted me in CU. I am forever proud of this heritage, although despite my difficulties, I have had the opportunity to meet Christ.
The transfer of Pastor Victor Oluwadamilare to CU marked the time of an intense movement of the Holy Spirit. It was so intense that people who prefer to hide under the bed rather than go to church enthusiastically come to church. Drug addicts and porn addicts in their numbers would come and repent of the change of brokenness. Some boys would bitterly complain that their lovers no longer agreed to have sex because they had moved to campus. It was an awakening inspired by fire, not control. In fact, Victor has given people the option to come and they have come.
IT'S TIME FOR THE STAGE TO BE BETTER AND RISE ABOVE PETTIC RELIGIOUSNESS AND TO BECOME AN AMMUNITION FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
Before you go! Share this content on any social media platform
OSUNDEFENDER.COM 360NOBS.COM WAKANDA.NG