Oxford Policy Management (OPM) and the Natural Resources and Energy (NRE) portfolio provide exciting projects, knowledgeable colleagues and a unique and inspiring workplace. Our NRE team has a strong background in delivering projects to a range of organizations, including donors, governments and the private sector. We believe that our success is based on a unique combination of analytical and practical support across the policy cycle, from planning to investment opportunities to impact assessment. Our extensive expertise in this sector includes the use of fossil fuels for power generation and transportation, subsidies to fossil fuels and energy prices, as well as solutions for renewable energy and climate change adaptation measures. <img alt = "Senior Consultant / Assistant Project Director at Oxford Policy Management 
OPM opened its office in Abuja in 2014, having previously worked in Nigeria, and OPM is currently operating on two fronts in Nigeria: providing quality surveys – and evaluation services for a wide range of donors and NGOs through the OPM's Statistics, Evidence and Accountability (SEAP) portfolio and for seven years DFID's support to OPM NRE's portfolio to enhance the transparency and governance of the oil and gas sector currently includes the NRE portfolio, which manages a DFID-funded 19 million pound project called FOSTER (Facility for Oil Sector Transformation).
Now in its second 5-year phase, FOSTER is designed to be weak Administration and poor transparency and accountability in the Nigerian oil and gas sector to adressi In turn, this will reduce government revenue, system losses, optimal production, investment barriers, conflict and environmental degradation in the Niger Delta. The objective of the ongoing project is to ensure that additional income from the extractive industries of £ 1 billion is secured by identifying potential revenues or avoiding losses, and to improve the overall management and governance of the sector , FOSTER is working to achieve these results through three streams of activity:
- The reform of ministries, ministries and agencies for effective sector management;
- deepening and broadening the understanding of the oil and gas sector through demand-driven partners (CSOs, media, etc.) for targeted public scrutiny;
- Strengthening sector oversight and oversight by government institutions and other regulatory bodies (eg, the National Assembly, the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI), and the Nigeria Natural Resource Charter).
Job title: Senior Consultant / Assistant Project Director
Location: Abuja, Niger
We are looking for a dynamic and talented Senior Consultant for the Natural Resources & Energy portfolio, which will be based in Abuja , and who shows a keen interest in developing their skills in a broad range of energy and commodity activities ranging from the management of (non-renewable / extractive) natural resources to the delivery of renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy access. The successful candidate will assume two roles for OPM in Nigeria:
- Assistant Project Director for FOSTER (75% FT), working with the FOSTER team in Abuja and supporting the Oxford-based project manager in strategic oversight of this important and influential company Project. The role includes day-to-day overall responsibility for managing an established and strong team, identifying and mitigating the associated risks on behalf of OPM and the client, and the overall quality of reporting and strategic communication with DFID. The role will work closely with the team leader and program manager.
- A business development role for the NRE portfolio and the OPM Economic Policy Program in Nigeria (25% FT). The role will focus on (1) developing and identifying market opportunities and turning them into projects; and (2) maintain existing donor relationships and actively exploit and identify new partnerships and cooperation opportunities that enhance the quality, depth and reach of OPM's work in both energy services, extractive and economic policies.
The successful candidate:
We are looking for a Senior Consultant with operational and change management and business development, ideally in a relevant development environment. related environment. You will have a proven track record of successfully leading fast-growing teams, high-performing employees and large projects. They also have the ability to build and develop relationships with existing and potential customers and partners. In other successful candidates also the following skills and qualifications are demonstrated:
- Master's degree in relevant discipline (Economics, Business Development, Energy or other suitable discipline).
- At least 10 years of experience in managing major international development projects, including at least 5 years in large DFID-funded works and at least 5 years in projects with significant political and regulatory changes at national level.
- At least 10 years experience in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Demonstrating the ability to think and work strategically and to use policy analysis and evidence-based strategies to evaluate, evaluate, design and manage adaptive policy-oriented options, impacts and risks Programs in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proven leadership skills with strong teamwork ethics and the ability to support an existing and powerful team and add value
- Strong Network Skills
- Demonstrating the ability to reduce political risk and reputational risk from OPM and DFID viewpoints understand . Desired Experience:
- Experience in political and governance issues in the oil and gas sector.
- Experience of work in Nigeria
Essential Interpersonal Skills and Approach to Work:
· A highly structured and communicative approach to the management of projects;
· Ability to use initiative and tackle problems positively and constructively, eg. Eg high flexibility with changing requirements and changing priorities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm for internal and external stakeholders;
- Good negotiating skills and sensitivity to customers' needs and expectations, with the ability to develop a deeper understanding and understanding of how FOSTER is part of the broader anti-corruption program of the British government in Nigeria.
· Proven ability to collaborate with international experts;
· Work collaboratively, supportively, and effectively with other team members towards a common goal; and
· Ability to use time effectively, be able to manage competing priorities, work effectively under pressure, meet tight deadlines on a high level, and maintain a good work-life balance.
The post is full-time and temporary for the duration of the FOSTER program (completion mid-2021), with possible extension. The office is located in Abuja. If necessary, applicants should be prepared to undertake work-related travel to other international locations.
What is OPM like, and why should you join our growing global organization? Watch this video to see what our colleagues have to say youtu.be/OHasKqCS_Lw
Interested candidates should
Click here to apply
1. July 2018.
SOURCE: NIGERIASCHOOL UNN-EDU STUDENTINFOPORTAL
MYSCHOOLTRICK TOPSCHOOLNEWS SCHOOLINGS
BESTSCHOOLS FLASHLEARNERS SCHOLS SCHOOLINGINFO
UNILAGADMISSIONGUIDE EDUCELEB GURUNAIJA
APPLYSCHOOL DAILYCAMPUSGIST SCHOOLNEWSNGR